Typical cruise is fly from home to embarkation port, cruise, disembark and fly home. Easy-peazy.
Done that many times. Over last 30 years been on over 20 cruises. Best cruise line value for us we feel is Princess. We have Elite status with Princess.
I now HATE flying (last flight was year 2012, LAX to Johannesburg SA, way too long, ask me if you want a 400 word essay).
With all that said here's what I want, ideally. Embark Los Angeles/Long Beach port, cruise 21 - 45 days, disembark Los Angeles port. Consider any destination(s). Any time within next 12 months. Simple as that!!! The to and from cruise itinerary can even be the same (mirror image)!! (E.g. LA through Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale, and back through Canal to LA). Cruise ships embark and re-sail same day, so no problem with the ships just stopping in port and leaving us stranded!!
I've looked at the Princess Cruise Atlas and tried to make such matches. Doable but very very cumbersome. (I did find the Pricness 111 day world cruise, LA-LA, but too long and too $$$). I have not talked directly with Princess. But have talked with an AAA Travel Agent and she called Princess but both AAA and Princess had trouble grasping this concept. I've googled for "cruise planning" with expected agency ads results. I've googled using "cruise planning algorithm" and came up with planning for cruise missiles!! You know, I can enter into google maps 10 road destinations and in 1/2 sec come back with route, distances, time and directions. Doing such for cruises would be trivial. App, app? Someone make an app!!! (I'll take only 1 cent per sell!!).
Enough, can anyone point me to how I can work this out. Or do it for me
ps - in desperation I maybe, might, consider a flight in one direction within USA.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Westminster Classic Tours??
- 2 SICKNESS ON VIKING!
- 3 Cruise parking, Fort Lauderdale
- 4 Miami Cruise Port Parking Recommendations
- 5 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 6 Grand Princess Returns to Port for Repairs
- 7 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 8 Baltic Cruise Itinerary Question
- 9 Need tour help for Diamond Princess roundtrip from Singapore itinerary
- 10 Shore Excursions in Juneau
- 11 What to pack South America
- 12 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 13 Cruisewear on Princess
- 14 Cruise facts
- 15 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 16 Antarctica-Expedition-Feb.2017-By OneOcean-
- 17 Quiet in the Forum
- 18 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 19 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 20 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 21 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 22 What to wear onboard Zaandam from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
- 23 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 24 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 25 inoculations