Typical cruise is fly from home to embarkation port, cruise, disembark and fly home. Easy-peazy.
Done that many times. Over last 30 years been on over 20 cruises. Best cruise line value for us we feel is Princess. We have Elite status with Princess.
I now HATE flying (last flight was year 2012, LAX to Johannesburg SA, way too long, ask me if you want a 400 word essay).
With all that said here's what I want, ideally. Embark Los Angeles/Long Beach port, cruise 21 - 45 days, disembark Los Angeles port. Consider any destination(s). Any time within next 12 months. Simple as that!!! The to and from cruise itinerary can even be the same (mirror image)!! (E.g. LA through Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale, and back through Canal to LA). Cruise ships embark and re-sail same day, so no problem with the ships just stopping in port and leaving us stranded!!
I've looked at the Princess Cruise Atlas and tried to make such matches. Doable but very very cumbersome. (I did find the Pricness 111 day world cruise, LA-LA, but too long and too $$$). I have not talked directly with Princess. But have talked with an AAA Travel Agent and she called Princess but both AAA and Princess had trouble grasping this concept. I've googled for "cruise planning" with expected agency ads results. I've googled using "cruise planning algorithm" and came up with planning for cruise missiles!! You know, I can enter into google maps 10 road destinations and in 1/2 sec come back with route, distances, time and directions. Doing such for cruises would be trivial. App, app? Someone make an app!!! (I'll take only 1 cent per sell!!).
Enough, can anyone point me to how I can work this out. Or do it for me
ps - in desperation I maybe, might, consider a flight in one direction within USA.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 https://realcoloncleansingworks.com/rail-male-enhancement/
- 2 Dietary requests
- 3 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 4 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 5 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 6 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 7 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 8 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 9 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 10 Pirates!
- 11 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Viking changes itinerary
- 14 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 15 Windsurf Sept 10 Dublin to Lisbon....anyone?
- 16 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 17 Murder on the High Sea
- 18 Cruising need suggestions for ports in South Africa
- 19 Grand Celebration review
- 20 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 21 Princess - Needs Help!
- 22 Antarctica Adventure
- 23 Roll calls
- 24 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 25 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise