Typical cruise is fly from home to embarkation port, cruise, disembark and fly home. Easy-peazy.
Done that many times. Over last 30 years been on over 20 cruises. Best cruise line value for us we feel is Princess. We have Elite status with Princess.
I now HATE flying (last flight was year 2012, LAX to Johannesburg SA, way too long, ask me if you want a 400 word essay).
With all that said here's what I want, ideally. Embark Los Angeles/Long Beach port, cruise 21 - 45 days, disembark Los Angeles port. Consider any destination(s). Any time within next 12 months. Simple as that!!! The to and from cruise itinerary can even be the same (mirror image)!! (E.g. LA through Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale, and back through Canal to LA). Cruise ships embark and re-sail same day, so no problem with the ships just stopping in port and leaving us stranded!!
I've looked at the Princess Cruise Atlas and tried to make such matches. Doable but very very cumbersome. (I did find the Pricness 111 day world cruise, LA-LA, but too long and too $$$). I have not talked directly with Princess. But have talked with an AAA Travel Agent and she called Princess but both AAA and Princess had trouble grasping this concept. I've googled for "cruise planning" with expected agency ads results. I've googled using "cruise planning algorithm" and came up with planning for cruise missiles!! You know, I can enter into google maps 10 road destinations and in 1/2 sec come back with route, distances, time and directions. Doing such for cruises would be trivial. App, app? Someone make an app!!! (I'll take only 1 cent per sell!!).
Enough, can anyone point me to how I can work this out. Or do it for me
ps - in desperation I maybe, might, consider a flight in one direction within USA.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 DELL@ PRINTER ERROR CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech C*Are 24/7
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 4 new england/canada cruise
- 5 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 6 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 7 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 8 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 9 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 10 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Alaska Cruise
- 12 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 13 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 14 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 15 Alaska- Icy straight point
- 16 Hotel in mid-town or near cruise pier?
- 17 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 18 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 19 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 20 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 21 Tauck River Cruises
- 22 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 23 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 24 Best cruise ship for solo cruise to Alaska?
- 25 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!