I am 40. my husband and I are in much need of a vacation. He wants to do a mediterranean cruise. He wants to relax, tour a little but not go hotel to hotel unpacking. We can go beginning to mid sept. I have to be back by sept 24.
The itineraries were the 13 day leaving rome and doing italy and 2 days in croatia on Rccl Legend of the Seas leaves sept 10th.
The brilliance RCCL leaving sept 2, was rated a newer and nicer ship but the itinerary had some italy,greece, a day in france and tunis.
I have been to greece and spain and would like to see more of italy but the itinerary for that is the legend of the seas and it is an older ship. We went on it 10 years ago and it was great!
Also my husabnd has never been to europe but to me i rather see italy not on a cruise. He wants to see europe by cruise then go back to the places we liked better.
The Problem is on RCCL The brilliance you only have one day in each port where the RCCL legend has two days in some. Do I need that much time ?
We want very few kids, I want something more fun and low key with things to do and good food. I dont want luxury cruises to have to dress up.
We liked the cruise lines RCCL, Norwegian and Celebrity was fine even though the food wasnt as good as other lines but that was the experience I had. Everyone has different experiences.
I would love to go the transatlantic cruise from england/ iceland, nova scotia, back to NY . There is the celebrity constellation, the norwegian jewel that does this itinerary. I know nothing about these sips. If you go into cruise critics everyone as different opinions. We do not like Princess line. I had a very bad experience on them on the panama canal cruise.
All I want is a younger type of crowd, a little nightlife, I dont mind paying for upgraded dinners. I like to spa, go to the gym, see shows, shop alot and eat. If i want to relax by a pool there are not 100 kids in it. Also we prefer 60's to low 80's weather to tour. We are not sun worshippers. I do not like the heat to tour in. thats why we didnt do the mediterrean in august and fear there are too many kids.
Please help! I have to book something soon. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Camera and binoculars
- 2 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 These Ports are Made for Walking Part 2: Western Caribbean
- 5 Carnival Breeze, Falmouth, Jamaica Ideas
- 6 Azamara Quest or Holland Am. Prinsendam??
- 7 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 8 Cruise room options for three people
- 9 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 10 Viking River Cruises - Have you taken their airflights?
- 11 Three FUN Ports Of Call, Carnival Dream
- 12 Dream A Little Dream
- 13 A “Breeze”, 2 Cruises In 1 Month And I Am Still Under 400lbs.. Maybe?
- 14 Singles Cruise Options
- 15 Well that was fast!
- 16 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 17 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 18 Princess Preferred: A Review of the Caribbean Princess
- 19 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 20 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 21 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 22 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 23 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 24 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 25 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen