I would like to get advice from some of you experienced "cruisers" out there. My husband, brother, his wife and myself are booked for the March 29th cruise on Celebrity's new ship the Summit. The itinerary is the southern caribbean. My concern is that we might have problems with kids/teens due to spring break. I have been reading these boards and others and the general concensus that I have found is that parents let their kids due whatever they want. I read a post on cruisecritic.com from a couple whose vacation was totally ruined by unruly teens and their behavior. How unfortunate for them. (Not sure what month they cruised) They were on RCCL and I know that RCCL offers a lot of amenities for all age types. I think that is wonderful. We chose Celebrity (owned by RCCL) as it appeared to cater to a bit more older crowd. Is this true? Has anyone sailed on Celebrity during spring break? Should we consider changing our sail date? Lastly, let me say that I am the mother of a 19 year old college student and I am not against sailing with children or teens at all. I'm just hoping that parents with kids respect the fact that there are other travelers who wish to enjoy their hard earned vacations too. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have. Thank you!
Summit Easter Cruise...Need Advice Please!
- 1 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 2 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 3 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 4 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 5 quick lunch in Paris
- 6 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 7 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 8 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 9 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 10 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 11 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 12 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 13 Cayos Cochinos
- 14 California Coastal Cruise
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 17 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 24 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 25 Best River cruise company for Europe?