I have a travel dilemma,
I am very fortunate and blessed that my company gives us the opportunity to earn a vacation. My wife and I are indecisive as to whether to go on the Celebrity Summit for 8 days and 7 nights staying in an ocean view stateroom or 7 days at the Westin all inclusive resort in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Both have advantages and dis advantages and I wanted some folks out there to weigh in if they have been at either locations.
The cruise offers 4 different ports of call on the trip which is great plus Celebrity crusies receive high marks for their service. There is much to do for exploring the different ports of call or just relaxing poolside. The downside is of course with all cruises alcohol is not included and the cabin is pretty tight (170 sq ft) with no balcony.
The Westin is all inclusive with 5 or 6 different restaurants and alcohol is included. The room is spacious compared to the cruise with a deluxe jr suite at 550 square feet. The downside is that you are at 1 location the entire time and to go exploring you are paying for excursions which can be a hit or a miss depending on the tour company.
I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as we have until next week to submit our decision. If anyone has been on any similar trips please share with me your experience on that trip.
South Carribean Cruise or Playa Conchal Costa Rica?
I have a travel dilemma,
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 3 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?