I have a travel dilemma,
I am very fortunate and blessed that my company gives us the opportunity to earn a vacation. My wife and I are indecisive as to whether to go on the Celebrity Summit for 8 days and 7 nights staying in an ocean view stateroom or 7 days at the Westin all inclusive resort in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Both have advantages and dis advantages and I wanted some folks out there to weigh in if they have been at either locations.
The cruise offers 4 different ports of call on the trip which is great plus Celebrity crusies receive high marks for their service. There is much to do for exploring the different ports of call or just relaxing poolside. The downside is of course with all cruises alcohol is not included and the cabin is pretty tight (170 sq ft) with no balcony.
The Westin is all inclusive with 5 or 6 different restaurants and alcohol is included. The room is spacious compared to the cruise with a deluxe jr suite at 550 square feet. The downside is that you are at 1 location the entire time and to go exploring you are paying for excursions which can be a hit or a miss depending on the tour company.
I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as we have until next week to submit our decision. If anyone has been on any similar trips please share with me your experience on that trip.
South Carribean Cruise or Playa Conchal Costa Rica?
I have a travel dilemma,
- 1 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 2 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 3 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 4 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 5 Cruises to Alaska
- 6 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 7 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 8 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 9 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 10 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 11 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 12 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 13 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 14 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 15 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 16 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 17 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 20 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 21 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 22 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 24 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 25 post-cruise help in Miami