I have a travel dilemma,
I am very fortunate and blessed that my company gives us the opportunity to earn a vacation. My wife and I are indecisive as to whether to go on the Celebrity Summit for 8 days and 7 nights staying in an ocean view stateroom or 7 days at the Westin all inclusive resort in Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Both have advantages and dis advantages and I wanted some folks out there to weigh in if they have been at either locations.
The cruise offers 4 different ports of call on the trip which is great plus Celebrity crusies receive high marks for their service. There is much to do for exploring the different ports of call or just relaxing poolside. The downside is of course with all cruises alcohol is not included and the cabin is pretty tight (170 sq ft) with no balcony.
The Westin is all inclusive with 5 or 6 different restaurants and alcohol is included. The room is spacious compared to the cruise with a deluxe jr suite at 550 square feet. The downside is that you are at 1 location the entire time and to go exploring you are paying for excursions which can be a hit or a miss depending on the tour company.
I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as we have until next week to submit our decision. If anyone has been on any similar trips please share with me your experience on that trip.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 GEEKS: VERIZON TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 VERIZON MAIL 24*7
- 2 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 3 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise
- 4 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 5 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Tauck River Cruises
- 8 Alaska Cruise-Definitely Not Cheap
- 9 Celebrity Millennium
- 10 Trip insurance
- 11 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 12 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 13 Costs all round when sick without adequate cover
- 14 Rental car return - Southampton UK
- 15 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 16 Best time to book Royal Caribbean cruise for best price?
- 17 Beaches on Grand Turk and Amber Cove
- 18 Surprise Alaskan Cruise for my Mom for Mother's Day
- 19 Alaska Cruise
- 20 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 21 Cabin mate for Norway cruise in July
- 22 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 23 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 24 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 25 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
I have a travel dilemma,