We are first time cruisers headed out of St. Martin on the Windspirit on March 6th to St. Kitts, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and St. Barts. I notice they don't go to the usual cruise ship ports. What is it like when in port if you don't go ashore and instead hang out on the ship and enjoy their water sports? Are there better ports of call on which to do that vs. where we'd definitely want to go ashore with a ship shore excursion or on our own? We love to snorkel and aren't sure how much opportunity we will have to do that without going on shore excursions. Also we were wondering about the quality and value of the ship's shore excursions vs. doing your own thing locally vs. staying with the ship. Also, would like your feedback on non-snorkeling shore excursions. What excursions do you consider "must do's" vs. don't spend the money? Thanks in advance for your help.
Shore Excursion Questions Windspirit Caribbean Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 3 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 4 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 5 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 6 Alaska
- 7 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 8 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 9 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 10 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 13 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 14 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 15 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 16 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 17 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 18 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 19 seascanner.com
- 20 Noordam VF4038
- 21 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 22 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 23 Mediterranean cruise
- 24 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 25 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises