We are considering visiting Croatia in late spring/early summer and are wondering if a cruise on a sailboat yacht would be a good way to see the country. I see that Windstar Cruises has a trip starting and ending in Venice, with stops in Rovinj, Opatija, Trogir and Dubrovnick. Alternatively, there is a cruise that goes from Venice to Pula, to Dubrovnik, to Kotor, Montenegro, to Pylos, Greece, to Monemvasia, Greece and back to Athens. Has anyone experienced either of these cruises or have recommendations for other cruises to Croatia? We don't want to drive in a foreign country where we don't speak the language and only have ten days, including travel to and from the U.S., so we want to be efficient. We don't necessarily need luxury, but we do want convenience because of our time constraints. Any information would be appreciated.
sailing to croatia
- 1 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 2 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 3 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 4 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 5 quick lunch in Paris
- 6 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 7 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 8 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 9 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 10 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 11 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 12 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 13 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 14 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 15 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 16 Cayos Cochinos
- 17 California Coastal Cruise
- 18 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 19 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 20 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 21 Grand Turk
- 22 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 23 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 24 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 25 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip