I am thinking about planning a cruise as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday in Summer 2003. I have never been on a cruise, and I have some questions. We will be in Europe at that time, so I am considering either a Mediterranean, Greek Islands, or Baltic itinerary. I would like to choose the cruise before reserving our FF mile tickets for the trip so that we know where we should fly into/out of.
1) When do the schedules for summer 2003 come out?
2) Is it better (price-wise) to book a year in advance or sometime closer to the departure date?
3) Can anyone give me some comparisons of the itineraries above? Likes and dislikes? We are in our late 20's, enjoy sightseeing, history, good food and wine. We have been to Italy, Switzerland, France, and Germany (and LOVED all of them!)
4) Best place to book the cruise? Do internet cruise dealers generally have the best prices?
I have visited 3 travel agents in our area, and none of them have been on a European cruise, so they couldn't give me 1st hand information.
I have a friend who went on Orient Lines twice and loved it, so that was my first thought.
Thanks in advance for any advice,
?s from a 1st time cruiser
- 1 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 2 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 3 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 4 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 5 quick lunch in Paris
- 6 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 7 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 8 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 9 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 10 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 11 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 12 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 13 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 14 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 15 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 16 Cayos Cochinos
- 17 California Coastal Cruise
- 18 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 19 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 20 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 21 Grand Turk
- 22 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 23 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 24 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 25 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip