Just finished the Rio-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Mariner. A few comments: First, the ship is impeccably maintained and the level of service is very high, though not as personalized as we've had with Seabourn. Food was OK, if not great; that said, the two specialty restaurants were a cut above and, if they were on land, we would go to them - something we didn't feel with Compass Rose or Veranda. Excursions were free, of course, but not good. This is probably due to the kind of cities we visited. Staterooms (a curtain in the middle of the room does not make a "suite" we didn't think) are reasonably large and well laid out; too much space is wasted on the balcony which gets limited use. Some of the older passengers complained about the height of the bathtub - getting in and out was hard for them. Regarding shows, we thought they didn't do well. The large productions shows were poor, the individual performers on the small shows varied between good and so-so. Wine and liquor were included and were of generally pretty good quality. Tipping is, presumably, not allowed. They waffle a bit on this policy and we found that most did tip at least their cabin attendants. To summarize, it's a good ship that seems to try to fit into the middle between the top quality small ships such as Seabourne and the high end larger ships.
RSS Mariner review
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Steep cruise discounts
- 4 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 5 Staying active on a river cruise
- 6 Back from Epic cruise
- 7 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 8 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 9 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 12 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 Which cruise one to use??
- 15 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 16 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 17 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 18 Formal nights on cruise
- 19 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 20 Cruises for singles
- 21 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 22 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 23 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 24 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 25 Mediterranean Cruise in October