Just finished the Rio-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Mariner. A few comments: First, the ship is impeccably maintained and the level of service is very high, though not as personalized as we've had with Seabourn. Food was OK, if not great; that said, the two specialty restaurants were a cut above and, if they were on land, we would go to them - something we didn't feel with Compass Rose or Veranda. Excursions were free, of course, but not good. This is probably due to the kind of cities we visited. Staterooms (a curtain in the middle of the room does not make a "suite" we didn't think) are reasonably large and well laid out; too much space is wasted on the balcony which gets limited use. Some of the older passengers complained about the height of the bathtub - getting in and out was hard for them. Regarding shows, we thought they didn't do well. The large productions shows were poor, the individual performers on the small shows varied between good and so-so. Wine and liquor were included and were of generally pretty good quality. Tipping is, presumably, not allowed. They waffle a bit on this policy and we found that most did tip at least their cabin attendants. To summarize, it's a good ship that seems to try to fit into the middle between the top quality small ships such as Seabourne and the high end larger ships.
RSS Mariner review
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 2 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 3 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 4 1 night in Denali
- 5 Veendam vs. Summit
- 6 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Antarctica Cruise
- 9 Alaska in summer
- 10 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 11 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 12 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 13 Cruise worries
- 14 Alaska Cruise
- 15 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 16 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 17 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess
- 18 An Introduction to new member
- 19 Is dreamlines.nl scam?
- 20 Sunday in Livorno
- 21 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 22 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 23 Alaska Cruise with 19 month old
- 24 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 25 A Cruise Review: The Connie Anew