Just finished the Rio-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Mariner. A few comments: First, the ship is impeccably maintained and the level of service is very high, though not as personalized as we've had with Seabourn. Food was OK, if not great; that said, the two specialty restaurants were a cut above and, if they were on land, we would go to them - something we didn't feel with Compass Rose or Veranda. Excursions were free, of course, but not good. This is probably due to the kind of cities we visited. Staterooms (a curtain in the middle of the room does not make a "suite" we didn't think) are reasonably large and well laid out; too much space is wasted on the balcony which gets limited use. Some of the older passengers complained about the height of the bathtub - getting in and out was hard for them. Regarding shows, we thought they didn't do well. The large productions shows were poor, the individual performers on the small shows varied between good and so-so. Wine and liquor were included and were of generally pretty good quality. Tipping is, presumably, not allowed. They waffle a bit on this policy and we found that most did tip at least their cabin attendants. To summarize, it's a good ship that seems to try to fit into the middle between the top quality small ships such as Seabourne and the high end larger ships.
RSS Mariner review
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 I LIVE AND WORK IN ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD Immigration and work permits
- 2 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean
- 3 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 4 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 5 Village Cooking Class Kusadasi
- 6 Formal nights on cruise
- 7 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 8 Norwegian Epic Tour Sharing - Rome - 3 Sep 14
- 9 Cruise Weather Tracking Website
- 10 4 Aussies on Sapphire Princess to Alaska
- 11 TAMPA HOTEL
- 12 Emerald Princess vs. NCL Dawn for Christmas Cruise
- 13 Azamara Excursions
- 14 Things to consider about a river cruise??
- 15 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 16 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 17 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 18 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 19 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 20 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 21 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 22 Jones Act
- 23 Cruise Experience Interview
- 24 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 25 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises