We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.
We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.
We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.
In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.
Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...
Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).
How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 2 Alaska in summer
- 3 Will the SS United States cruise again? I hope so!
- 4 Cruising, On A Star Under A Bridge
- 5 Cruise Insurance - Worth it?
- 6 Uniworld's Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux River Cruise
- 7 Ketchikan, Alaska Misty Fjord seaplane options
- 8 Alaska/Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 9 Cozumel Water Temp for Snorkling
- 10 Which caribbean cruise line is the best?
- 11 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 12 My horror story from Norwegian Sky
- 13 We finally made up our minds...
- 14 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 15 Time For An Escape
- 16 Cruise with Young Children in April
- 17 round trip Hawaii cruise
- 18 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 19 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 20 No Turkey For NCL In 2016
- 21 Holland America South America 21 day cruise
- 22 Miami End-of-Cruise Day With Luggage??
- 23 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 24 airport transfer
- 25 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey