We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.
We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.
We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.
In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.
Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...
Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).
How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....
Thanks in advance!
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 2 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 3 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 4 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 5 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC