We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.
We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.
We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.
In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.
Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...
Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).
How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....
Thanks in advance!
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 regent navigator showers
- 2 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 3 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 4 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 5 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 6 Cruise Experience Interview
- 7 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 8 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 9 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Steep cruise discounts
- 12 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 13 Staying active on a river cruise
- 14 Back from Epic cruise
- 15 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 16 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 17 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 20 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 21 Which cruise one to use??
- 22 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 23 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 24 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 25 Formal nights on cruise