We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.
We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.
We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.
In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.
Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...
Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).
How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Celebrity Solstice
- 2 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 3 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 4 Traveling Solo
- 5 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 7 Disembarking with HAL
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 norwegian cruise line
- 10 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 11 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 12 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 13 Southbound Alaska on Holland America
- 14 Alaskan land and sea tour
- 15 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 16 Online check in for US citizen living in Europe
- 17 On Cloud9, Miss Carnival Breeze
- 18 Norwegian Fjords cruise
- 19 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 20 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 21 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 22 Small ship adventure from New York to Montreal
- 23 Well that was fast!
- 24 Galapagos with Celebrity Xpedition - July 2012
- 25 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.