We are going on our first family cruise. My husband and I have been on a few cruises, but it has been over 10 years. We are traveling with my Mom and Stepdad as well as our 15 and 19 year old daughters. We have two adjoining cabins for our family and my parents have their own room.
We leave out of New Orleans and spend two days at sea. The stops are Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel once or twice before - but it has been many many years -- the other two ports are new for us.
We have planned on dinning in two of the speciality dinning and have reservations currently.
In Jamaica we are going horseback riding, and in Grand Cayman doing a snorkel excursion.
Nothing planned so far in Cozumel (my budget might be busted with the 2 excursions and speciality dinning without adding another pricey experience for the 4 of us - my parents are paying their own way)...
Any great tips? What not to miss on the ship? Any insider tips? I declined the beverage package as I simply do not drink 55.00 a day... and you have to do it for both people in your cabin (if over 21).
How dressy are the "dressy nights"? I am not wanting to get over the top dressed up on my vacation....
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 expedition-style cruising to Antarctica
- 2 ALASKAN CRUISE - MAY 2017
- 3 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 4 Port Canaveral Orlando _ what to do
- 5 Cruisewear on Princess
- 6 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 7 Celeystal Cruise Line
- 8 RD poll of most trusted cruise in USA.
- 9 Pisa & Florence - Looking for people to share shore excursion
- 10 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 11 Car rental from Norwegian Pride of America
- 12 European River Cruises - strategy
- 13 Port Canaveral
- 14 Formal nights
- 15 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 16 Alaska Cruise
- 17 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 18 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 19 NCL Loses all our reservations
- 20 Accident on Harmony of the seas. Crew killed and injured.
- 21 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 22 River Cruising-Eastern Europe
- 23 Luggage storage or transport from Yokohama to Haneda Airport
- 24 Norwegian Fjord cruise room choic
- 25 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed