Spring Break is coming up and I'm wondering if there is a trip I can plan that would work for our family of four, DH, DS1 age 18, and DS2 age 15. DS1 had arthroscopic hip surgery Feb. 10 and may still be on crutches at trip time, although with permission to bear some weight on affected side. He is comfortable sitting if in slightly reclining position or not for too long. He's comfortable lying down. As anyone who has been on crutches for an extended time knows, it's a pain to move from place to place what with the sore shoulders. At that point, he will be more than a month stuck at home and on crutches, so I thought it might be nice for him to get out in the sun, even if he can't do much. Regent SS Navigator has an available sailing, and I thought a smaller ship with good service and 24 hour room service could be good. DS 2 does not require a kids program and would probably be happier on a ship without a bunch of little kids anyway. I've also thought of a resort in Florida or thereabouts, preferable where we could fly direct and not worry about long customs lines. I realize that it would be better to wait until after crutches, but spring break is at one given time. Can anyone think of anywhere tropical that would be worth it to go to if you were on crutches, i.e. better than sitting at home. Within reason, we are not budget constrained.
Regent Seven Seas Navigator, or where, if you are on crutches?
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 2 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 3 Cruises to Alaska
- 4 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 5 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 6 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 9 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 10 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 11 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 12 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 13 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 14 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 15 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 16 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 17 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 20 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 21 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 22 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 24 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 25 post-cruise help in Miami