Spring Break is coming up and I'm wondering if there is a trip I can plan that would work for our family of four, DH, DS1 age 18, and DS2 age 15. DS1 had arthroscopic hip surgery Feb. 10 and may still be on crutches at trip time, although with permission to bear some weight on affected side. He is comfortable sitting if in slightly reclining position or not for too long. He's comfortable lying down. As anyone who has been on crutches for an extended time knows, it's a pain to move from place to place what with the sore shoulders. At that point, he will be more than a month stuck at home and on crutches, so I thought it might be nice for him to get out in the sun, even if he can't do much. Regent SS Navigator has an available sailing, and I thought a smaller ship with good service and 24 hour room service could be good. DS 2 does not require a kids program and would probably be happier on a ship without a bunch of little kids anyway. I've also thought of a resort in Florida or thereabouts, preferable where we could fly direct and not worry about long customs lines. I realize that it would be better to wait until after crutches, but spring break is at one given time. Can anyone think of anywhere tropical that would be worth it to go to if you were on crutches, i.e. better than sitting at home. Within reason, we are not budget constrained.
Regent Seven Seas Navigator, or where, if you are on crutches?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 3 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 4 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 5 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 6 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 7 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 8 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 11 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 12 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 15 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 16 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 17 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 18 seascanner.com
- 19 Noordam VF4038
- 20 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 21 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 22 Mediterranean cruise
- 23 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 24 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 25 volendam or Noordam