Spring Break is coming up and I'm wondering if there is a trip I can plan that would work for our family of four, DH, DS1 age 18, and DS2 age 15. DS1 had arthroscopic hip surgery Feb. 10 and may still be on crutches at trip time, although with permission to bear some weight on affected side. He is comfortable sitting if in slightly reclining position or not for too long. He's comfortable lying down. As anyone who has been on crutches for an extended time knows, it's a pain to move from place to place what with the sore shoulders. At that point, he will be more than a month stuck at home and on crutches, so I thought it might be nice for him to get out in the sun, even if he can't do much. Regent SS Navigator has an available sailing, and I thought a smaller ship with good service and 24 hour room service could be good. DS 2 does not require a kids program and would probably be happier on a ship without a bunch of little kids anyway. I've also thought of a resort in Florida or thereabouts, preferable where we could fly direct and not worry about long customs lines. I realize that it would be better to wait until after crutches, but spring break is at one given time. Can anyone think of anywhere tropical that would be worth it to go to if you were on crutches, i.e. better than sitting at home. Within reason, we are not budget constrained.
Regent Seven Seas Navigator, or where, if you are on crutches?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 2 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 3 car rental from Miami Port
- 4 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 7 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 8 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 9 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 10 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 11 Staterooms
- 12 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 13 Sea sickness
- 14 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 15 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 16 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 17 Parking in Miami
- 18 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 19 South Pacific
- 20 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 21 Celebrity Constellation
- 22 Please help with cruise planning.
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 Be careful out there ...