We're planning our first AK cruise in late June '14. We (2 early 50s adults + 2 young adult kids) have cruised twice before, both times (Caribbean and Europe) on RCCL. We enjoyed both but would like to try other lines at some point. Just not at the expense of a bad experience. We are going to do a Southbound itinerary, spending a few days on land prior to departure. I really like Princess Coral itinerary... particularly having both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. I totally get the comments about "choose the AK cruise by itinerary" but since an AK cruise is less about the ship activities, the stateroom quality and food become even more important. Should we try Princess for this AK trip or try another line on a future cruise?
RCCL or Princess for Alaska
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 2 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 3 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 4 Will we like European river cruises?
- 5 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 6 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 7 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 8 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 9 An Epic Adventure
- 10 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 11 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 12 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 13 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 14 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 15 queen mary question
- 16 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 17 Back from Epic cruise
- 18 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 19 Cozumel excursions
- 20 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 21 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 22 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 23 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 24 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 25 A Disappointing Conquest