We're planning our first AK cruise in late June '14. We (2 early 50s adults + 2 young adult kids) have cruised twice before, both times (Caribbean and Europe) on RCCL. We enjoyed both but would like to try other lines at some point. Just not at the expense of a bad experience. We are going to do a Southbound itinerary, spending a few days on land prior to departure. I really like Princess Coral itinerary... particularly having both Hubbard and Glacier Bay. I totally get the comments about "choose the AK cruise by itinerary" but since an AK cruise is less about the ship activities, the stateroom quality and food become even more important. Should we try Princess for this AK trip or try another line on a future cruise?
RCCL or Princess for Alaska
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Steep cruise discounts
- 4 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 5 Staying active on a river cruise
- 6 Back from Epic cruise
- 7 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 8 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 9 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 12 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 Which cruise one to use??
- 15 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 16 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 17 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 18 Formal nights on cruise
- 19 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 20 Cruises for singles
- 21 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 22 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 23 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 24 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 25 Mediterranean Cruise in October