I've never cruised before, but my mother just got back from her first one is 40 yrs(RCCL from LA to Ensenada)and had a blast, so I'm looking into a Christmas cruise for my parents and I. I really like the itinerary of the QEII 16-day holiday cruise called "Voyage of the Seven wonders," which will make stops in Lisbon, Gibralter, Barcelona, Canary Islands, and Senegal. The prices seem high to me, even for the "cheap seats," which is were I'd be staying. That wouldn't bother me so much if I was sure I'd get a first-class ship but the reviews of the QEII that I've found here and on cruisecritic.com are mixed, at best. Has anyone had a recent experience on the QEII or could point me to additional websites that might have ship reviews? FYI, my family are not gourmets, nor "fussy," and don't need state of the art spas, healthclubs, or entertainment. We're more interested in the ports of call and just relaxing with tasty food/wine and enjoying conversation with amiable companions. Is the QEII a good fit for us? Any replies are appreciated.
QEII- any recent experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 2 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 3 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?