I've never cruised before, but my mother just got back from her first one is 40 yrs(RCCL from LA to Ensenada)and had a blast, so I'm looking into a Christmas cruise for my parents and I. I really like the itinerary of the QEII 16-day holiday cruise called "Voyage of the Seven wonders," which will make stops in Lisbon, Gibralter, Barcelona, Canary Islands, and Senegal. The prices seem high to me, even for the "cheap seats," which is were I'd be staying. That wouldn't bother me so much if I was sure I'd get a first-class ship but the reviews of the QEII that I've found here and on cruisecritic.com are mixed, at best. Has anyone had a recent experience on the QEII or could point me to additional websites that might have ship reviews? FYI, my family are not gourmets, nor "fussy," and don't need state of the art spas, healthclubs, or entertainment. We're more interested in the ports of call and just relaxing with tasty food/wine and enjoying conversation with amiable companions. Is the QEII a good fit for us? Any replies are appreciated.
QEII- any recent experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 2 Cruises for singles
- 3 Formal nights on cruise
- 4 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 5 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 6 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 7 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 8 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 9 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 10 Tours in Greece
- 11 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015
- 12 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 13 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean
- 14 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 15 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 16 Norwegian Epic Tour Sharing - Rome - 3 Sep 14
- 17 Cruise Weather Tracking Website
- 18 4 Aussies on Sapphire Princess to Alaska
- 19 TAMPA HOTEL
- 20 Emerald Princess vs. NCL Dawn for Christmas Cruise
- 21 Azamara Excursions
- 22 Things to consider about a river cruise??
- 23 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 24 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 25 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?