I've never cruised before, but my mother just got back from her first one is 40 yrs(RCCL from LA to Ensenada)and had a blast, so I'm looking into a Christmas cruise for my parents and I. I really like the itinerary of the QEII 16-day holiday cruise called "Voyage of the Seven wonders," which will make stops in Lisbon, Gibralter, Barcelona, Canary Islands, and Senegal. The prices seem high to me, even for the "cheap seats," which is were I'd be staying. That wouldn't bother me so much if I was sure I'd get a first-class ship but the reviews of the QEII that I've found here and on cruisecritic.com are mixed, at best. Has anyone had a recent experience on the QEII or could point me to additional websites that might have ship reviews? FYI, my family are not gourmets, nor "fussy," and don't need state of the art spas, healthclubs, or entertainment. We're more interested in the ports of call and just relaxing with tasty food/wine and enjoying conversation with amiable companions. Is the QEII a good fit for us? Any replies are appreciated.
QEII- any recent experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Finally booked, Yea!
- 2 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 3 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 4 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 5 Sea sickness
- 6 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 7 car rental from Miami Port
- 8 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 9 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 10 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 11 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 12 Alaska
- 13 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 14 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 15 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 16 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 17 Staterooms
- 18 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 19 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 20 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 21 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 22 Parking in Miami
- 23 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 24 South Pacific
- 25 Any update on Navigator delay?