My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 2 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 3 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 4 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 5 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 6 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 7 Greece Italy Cruise
- 8 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 9 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 10 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 11 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 12 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 13 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 14 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 15 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 16 Cruise room options for three people
- 17 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 18 Tauck Danube cruise
- 19 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 20 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 21 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 22 New charge on NCL
- 23 returning rental car in Southampton
- 24 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 25 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France