My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 2 An Epic Adventure
- 3 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 4 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 5 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 6 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 7 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 8 queen mary question
- 9 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 10 Back from Epic cruise
- 11 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 12 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 13 Cozumel excursions
- 14 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 15 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 16 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 17 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 18 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 19 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 20 A Disappointing Conquest
- 21 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 22 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 23 Wind on board
- 24 Is the food quality generally the same on different ships in the same line?
- 25 Will we like European river cruises?