My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards.
- 2 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 3 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 4 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 5 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 6 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 7 Formal nights on cruise
- 8 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 9 Norwegian Dawn
- 10 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 11 Alaska Cruise
- 12 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 13 Assult on Golden Princess
- 14 Alaska in summer
- 15 Veendam vs. Summit
- 16 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 17 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 18 1 night in Denali
- 19 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 20 Antarctica Cruise
- 21 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 22 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 23 Cruise worries
- 24 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap