My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Majesty of the Seas
- 2 Need ideas for Charlotte Amalie, St. thomas due to cruise change.
- 3 rental cars at Lerwick & Scrabster Cruise Ports in Scotland
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 6 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 7 Taking alcohol on board.
- 8 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Viking River Cruise/Tulips and Windmils
- 11 Opinion of specific cruise lines?
- 12 First Time Mediterranean Cruiser
- 13 MIA to dock
- 14 Big ship or small ship?
- 15 Alaska in June
- 16 Scandinavia and St. Petersburg
- 17 Cruise Transfer with Alaska Cruise Transportation
- 18 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 19 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 20 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 21 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 22 Variety Cruises for Greek Islands?
- 23 Assult on Golden Princess
- 24 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 25 Ultimate beverage package