My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 2 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 3 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 4 Alaska
- 5 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 6 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 7 Staterooms
- 8 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 9 Sea sickness
- 10 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 11 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 12 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 13 Parking in Miami
- 14 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 15 South Pacific
- 16 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 17 Celebrity Constellation
- 18 Please help with cruise planning.
- 19 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 20 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 21 Be careful out there ...
- 22 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 23 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 24 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 25 Buffet in Ruby Princess