My MIL wants to take my family on a cruise to Alaska. She really likes Princess Cruise lines (travel agent suggested it and talked them up, she's never been on a cruise before). My concern is their brochure has nobody under the age of 50 in it and their website mentions kids as an afterthought. Like "we have four pools, one for kids!" (does this mean they're not welcome at the other three?) My kids will be 7 and 9 and while they are well behaved they are not angels by any stretch and so some restlessness at dinner, fighting with each other, etc., WILL happen in the public areas no matter what we do. I don't want to put ourselves in a position where all of the adult passengers who didn't want kids on their vacation are thinking to themselves "in my day kids never did that". Does anyone have any experience with an Alaskan Princess Cruise and am I worrying needlessly?
Princess Alaska cruise--disaster with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Formal dress required?
- 5 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 6 Cruise Deals - New Caledonia & Vanuatu Round Trip
- 7 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 8 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 9 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 10 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 11 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 12 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 13 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 14 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 15 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 16 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 17 seascanner.com
- 18 Noordam VF4038
- 19 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 20 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 21 Mediterranean cruise
- 22 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 23 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 24 volendam or Noordam
- 25 Holland America Veendam