We booked a CC through a TA. Got excellent price-$650 each for 16 day transatlantic. Our port charge is an additional $498. Out of curiosity I went to CC website to see cost had I booked it directly thru them. At the bottom line where all costs are totaled, no port charges are mentioned. I have asked our TA and CC about why it does appear on our cost summary but no where is mentioned on the CC website cost summary. I figure they are legitimate charges, but at what point would Carnival have let me know that we had an extra $498 to pay, had we booked thru them? Neither entity has given me an answer that makes sense. Will appreciate any input, experience, thoughts. Thanks
port fees for Carnival Magic transatlantic
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome