My 83 y.o. father (in good health) and I have booked a last minute cruise to Alaska. We are travelling southbound from Seward to Vancouver, with stops in Haines, Juneau and Ketchikan. I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of shore excursions offered, and am having difficulty narrowing my choices. Additionally, I don't know whether to book through HAL or another provider, and whether to book in advance or play it by ear.
I'd love to hear of your experience; excursions you enjoyed, excursions you didn't enjoy; when and how you booked them, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 2 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 3 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 4 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 5 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 6 Pirates!
- 7 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 Viking changes itinerary
- 10 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 11 Windsurf Sept 10 Dublin to Lisbon....anyone?
- 12 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 13 Murder on the High Sea
- 14 Cruising need suggestions for ports in South Africa
- 15 Grand Celebration review
- 16 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 17 Princess - Needs Help!
- 18 Antarctica Adventure
- 19 Roll calls
- 20 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 21 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 24 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 25 What to pack for alaska