My 83 y.o. father (in good health) and I have booked a last minute cruise to Alaska. We are travelling southbound from Seward to Vancouver, with stops in Haines, Juneau and Ketchikan. I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of shore excursions offered, and am having difficulty narrowing my choices. Additionally, I don't know whether to book through HAL or another provider, and whether to book in advance or play it by ear.
I'd love to hear of your experience; excursions you enjoyed, excursions you didn't enjoy; when and how you booked them, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 2 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 3 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 4 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 5 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 6 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 7 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 8 Bucket List
- 9 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 10 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 11 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 12 Suggestion on Cruise in the Great Lakes
- 13 European River Cruises - strategy
- 14 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 15 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 16 tips on disney cruises
- 17 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 18 Baggage storage before cruise
- 19 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 20 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 21 Quiet in the Forum
- 22 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 23 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 24 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 25 Travel Agent recommendation