My 83 y.o. father (in good health) and I have booked a last minute cruise to Alaska. We are travelling southbound from Seward to Vancouver, with stops in Haines, Juneau and Ketchikan. I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of shore excursions offered, and am having difficulty narrowing my choices. Additionally, I don't know whether to book through HAL or another provider, and whether to book in advance or play it by ear.
I'd love to hear of your experience; excursions you enjoyed, excursions you didn't enjoy; when and how you booked them, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Kechu: Tec^h SUPP0RT HP PRINTER CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Set up HP Printer*
- 2 Alaska Cruise-Definitely Not Cheap
- 3 Trip insurance
- 4 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 7 Costs all round when sick without adequate cover
- 8 Rental car return - Southampton UK
- 9 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 10 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 11 Best time to book Royal Caribbean cruise for best price?
- 12 Beaches on Grand Turk and Amber Cove
- 13 Surprise Alaskan Cruise for my Mom for Mother's Day
- 14 Alaska Cruise
- 15 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 16 Cabin mate for Norway cruise in July
- 17 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 18 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 19 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 20 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 21 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 22 European cruise suggestions?
- 23 Going!
- 24 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 25 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas