We have booked a seven day cruise in early September from New York to Bermuda on Holland America Line's MS Veendam. We have opted for the "As You Wish" dining plan as Holland America terms designates its open dining plan rather than their early or late assigned dining plans. I'm sure other cruise lines have equally catchy names for their non-assigned dining plans. Have you been satisfied with choosing an open dining plan? What are the advantages/disadvantages to these plans? Any suggestions as to likeliest time to avoid crowds in the main dining room?
Open Dining Plans
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 4 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 5 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 6 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 7 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 8 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 9 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 10 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 transfers in Venice
- 13 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Pavlus Travel
- 16 Cape Horn Cruise
- 17 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 18 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 19 Cruise Experience Interview
- 20 regent navigator showers
- 21 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 24 Steep cruise discounts
- 25 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!