We have booked a seven day cruise in early September from New York to Bermuda on Holland America Line's MS Veendam. We have opted for the "As You Wish" dining plan as Holland America terms designates its open dining plan rather than their early or late assigned dining plans. I'm sure other cruise lines have equally catchy names for their non-assigned dining plans. Have you been satisfied with choosing an open dining plan? What are the advantages/disadvantages to these plans? Any suggestions as to likeliest time to avoid crowds in the main dining room?
Open Dining Plans
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 2 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 3 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 4 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 5 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 6 Formal nights on cruise
- 7 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 8 Norwegian Dawn
- 9 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 10 Alaska Cruise
- 11 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 12 Assult on Golden Princess
- 13 Alaska in summer
- 14 Veendam vs. Summit
- 15 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 16 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 17 1 night in Denali
- 18 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 19 Antarctica Cruise
- 20 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 21 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 22 Cruise worries
- 23 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess