We have booked a seven day cruise in early September from New York to Bermuda on Holland America Line's MS Veendam. We have opted for the "As You Wish" dining plan as Holland America terms designates its open dining plan rather than their early or late assigned dining plans. I'm sure other cruise lines have equally catchy names for their non-assigned dining plans. Have you been satisfied with choosing an open dining plan? What are the advantages/disadvantages to these plans? Any suggestions as to likeliest time to avoid crowds in the main dining room?
Open Dining Plans
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 2 river cruise cabins
- 3 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 4 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 5 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 6 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 9 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 12 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 13 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 14 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 15 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 16 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 19 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 20 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 21 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 22 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 23 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 24 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 25 How do I choose/change a dinner seating time on Celebrity?