Tomorrow, my Lady Wife and I will fly on a big, silver bird to Portland, OR.
From there we shall trek by way of Amtrak to Vancouver to take the MS Oosterdam* North to Seward, AK.
Donning our mukluks and snowshoes, we shall proceed to Anchorage, where native guides have been employed to lead us through "the real Alaska" all the way to Whittier, AK.
We shall then relax from our journey of discovery on the MS Pacific Princess as we leisurely motor down the Inside Passage back to Vancouver, and thence home.
I'll be posting, I hope, daily updates. You can follow at
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 2 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 3 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 4 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 5 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 8 tips on disney cruises
- 9 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 10 Baggage storage before cruise
- 11 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 12 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 13 Quiet in the Forum
- 14 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 15 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 16 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 17 Travel Agent recommendation
- 18 Viking Switzerland to the North Sea
- 19 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 20 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 21 One day before cruise from Fort Lauderdale, any attraction recommendation
- 22 Carnival tour to Sayulita?
- 23 Season's Greetings
- 24 RCCL went from great to poor
- 25 Small Group Buenos Aires Open Jan 2017