Tomorrow, my Lady Wife and I will fly on a big, silver bird to Portland, OR.
From there we shall trek by way of Amtrak to Vancouver to take the MS Oosterdam* North to Seward, AK.
Donning our mukluks and snowshoes, we shall proceed to Anchorage, where native guides have been employed to lead us through "the real Alaska" all the way to Whittier, AK.
We shall then relax from our journey of discovery on the MS Pacific Princess as we leisurely motor down the Inside Passage back to Vancouver, and thence home.
I'll be posting, I hope, daily updates. You can follow at
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 2 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 3 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 4 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 5 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 6 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 7 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 8 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 9 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 10 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 11 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 12 MSC splendida
- 13 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage
- 14 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 15 Cruise Mate- last minute, 33 days from San Diego
- 16 Trip insurance
- 17 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 18 World Cruises - Preference and Discounts
- 19 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 20 Shore excursions
- 21 Looking for cruise mate for S. Caribbean cruise
- 22 Western Caribbean excursions?
- 23 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 24 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 25 My first river cruise 12-2017