I have a sabbatical coming up the summer of 2012, so as part of that our family (mom and day, boys 15 and 13) is headed to Alaska in August 2012. I'm usually very good at researching things online, but cruises are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I simply can't find a lot of the information I'm looking for. for instance, I have been told that there are some cruises that are more family friendly and that in certain rooms book kids at a lower cost. Also, we want to go northbound from Vancouver to Anchorage (we will be staying in Homer, AK, for a week before flying home to Minneapolis area). Our total cruise budget for the four of us is $3,600. Is that a doable budget? Where can I find info? Help!
Northbound from Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 2 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 3 Jones Act
- 4 Cruise Experience Interview
- 5 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 6 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 7 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 8 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 9 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 10 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 13 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 14 river cruise cabins
- 15 Cape Horn Cruise
- 16 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 17 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 18 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 19 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 22 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 23 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 24 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014