I have a sabbatical coming up the summer of 2012, so as part of that our family (mom and day, boys 15 and 13) is headed to Alaska in August 2012. I'm usually very good at researching things online, but cruises are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I simply can't find a lot of the information I'm looking for. for instance, I have been told that there are some cruises that are more family friendly and that in certain rooms book kids at a lower cost. Also, we want to go northbound from Vancouver to Anchorage (we will be staying in Homer, AK, for a week before flying home to Minneapolis area). Our total cruise budget for the four of us is $3,600. Is that a doable budget? Where can I find info? Help!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 tips for first cruisers
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 4 British Passport Validity
- 5 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Cruising New Zealand?
- 8 Alaskan cruise
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Excursion Shore
- 11 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 12 Time in ports?
- 13 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 14 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 15 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 16 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 17 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 18 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 19 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 20 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 21 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 22 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 23 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek
- 24 QM2 - Transport from Red Hook to LGA
- 25 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare