I have a sabbatical coming up the summer of 2012, so as part of that our family (mom and day, boys 15 and 13) is headed to Alaska in August 2012. I'm usually very good at researching things online, but cruises are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I simply can't find a lot of the information I'm looking for. for instance, I have been told that there are some cruises that are more family friendly and that in certain rooms book kids at a lower cost. Also, we want to go northbound from Vancouver to Anchorage (we will be staying in Homer, AK, for a week before flying home to Minneapolis area). Our total cruise budget for the four of us is $3,600. Is that a doable budget? Where can I find info? Help!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 2 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 3 AMA vs VIKING
- 4 Anyone doing the Celebrity Transatlantic on 4 November?
- 5 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 6 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 7 How to prepare for Carnival Glory in first week of dec
- 8 September Viking Cruise
- 9 Norwegian Getaway or Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea
- 10 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 11 Cruise Around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso
- 12 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Carnival Glory or Conquest? Amber grove or Halff moon CAY?
- 15 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 16 Haines, AK: Eagle Preserve rafting or Chilkoot Lake kayaking?
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Norwegian Getaway Balconies
- 19 Ultimate Beverage Package
- 20 Looking for El Chapo
- 21 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 22 Grand Circle Cruise Line, A Medical Disaster
- 23 In room coffee makers/Soltice
- 24 Princess in Bangkok
- 25 Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?