I have a sabbatical coming up the summer of 2012, so as part of that our family (mom and day, boys 15 and 13) is headed to Alaska in August 2012. I'm usually very good at researching things online, but cruises are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. I simply can't find a lot of the information I'm looking for. for instance, I have been told that there are some cruises that are more family friendly and that in certain rooms book kids at a lower cost. Also, we want to go northbound from Vancouver to Anchorage (we will be staying in Homer, AK, for a week before flying home to Minneapolis area). Our total cruise budget for the four of us is $3,600. Is that a doable budget? Where can I find info? Help!
Northbound from Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 2 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 3 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 4 Greece Italy Cruise
- 5 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 6 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 7 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 8 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 9 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 10 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 11 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 12 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 13 Cruise room options for three people
- 14 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 15 Tauck Danube cruise
- 16 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 17 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 18 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 19 New charge on NCL
- 20 returning rental car in Southampton
- 21 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 22 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 23 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 24 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 25 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise