Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 2 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 3 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 4 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 5 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 6 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 7 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen
- 10 Dream A Little Dream
- 11 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 12 Seabourn Sojourn Singapore-Mumbai, March 2015
- 13 Cruise room options for three people
- 14 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 15 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 16 Norwegian Dawn
- 17 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 18 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 19 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 20 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 21 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 22 Greece Italy Cruise
- 23 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 24 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 25 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale