Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Need some help finding the right cabin
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 2 transfers in Venice
- 3 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 4 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 5 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 6 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 7 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 8 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 9 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 10 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 11 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 12 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 15 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 16 Pavlus Travel
- 17 Cape Horn Cruise
- 18 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 19 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 20 Cruise Experience Interview
- 21 regent navigator showers
- 22 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 23 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 24 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 25 Steep cruise discounts