Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Dietary requests
- 2 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 3 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 4 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 5 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 6 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 7 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 8 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 9 Pirates!
- 10 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Viking changes itinerary
- 13 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 14 Windsurf Sept 10 Dublin to Lisbon....anyone?
- 15 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 16 Murder on the High Sea
- 17 Cruising need suggestions for ports in South Africa
- 18 Grand Celebration review
- 19 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 20 Princess - Needs Help!
- 21 Antarctica Adventure
- 22 Roll calls
- 23 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 24 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise
- 25 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions