Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 European River Cruises - strategy
- 2 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 3 Cruise the North West Passage
- 4 Cruising New Zealand?
- 5 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 6 tips for first cruisers
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 9 British Passport Validity
- 10 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 11 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 12 Alaskan cruise
- 13 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 14 Excursion Shore
- 15 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 16 Time in ports?
- 17 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 18 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 19 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 20 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 21 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 22 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 23 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 24 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 25 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?