Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Cruise - Depart from Copenhage or Warnemunde, Berlin???
- 2 What is the best one day cruise to the Bahamas from Miami
- 3 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 4 Rhine River Boat cruise
- 5 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 6 DONE BE LATE
- 7 Greece and or Croatia cruise September /October 2016
- 8 Queen Mary 2 Cruise packing tips
- 9 Alaska cruises
- 10 We finally made up our minds...
- 11 12 hour wait
- 12 river flow
- 13 Spoiled for life
- 14 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 15 Ira's Off to Dig the Big Ditch
- 16 VIPmalaga versus Spain Day Tours for Alhambr
- 17 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 18 MED Honeymoon Cruise from Cincinnati
- 19 Taking cruise from Barcelona
- 20 Where is member Eschew?
- 21 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 22 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss
- 23 Booking a Windstar cruise
- 24 Transport from Seattle Pier 91 to Seattle airport
- 25 April 9 US Consul Warning of Threat to Tourist Docks Istanbul Antalya