Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Need some help finding the right cabin
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 river cruise cabins
- 2 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 3 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 4 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 5 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 6 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 9 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 12 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 13 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 14 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 15 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 16 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 19 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 20 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 21 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 22 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 23 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 24 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 25 How do I choose/change a dinner seating time on Celebrity?