Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cost of Alcoholic Beverages
- 2 Segway: Has anyone taken one of these port tours?
- 3 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 4 Low water cruise complaints
- 5 Alaska: Norwegian or Princess...
- 6 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 7 Best Food on Luxury Cruise Lines
- 8 Holland america oosterdam
- 9 No recourse for a change of itinerary
- 10 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 11 Cruises survey
- 12 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 13 Viking River Cruise - Pretty darn good!!
- 14 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 15 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 16 Customer Experience Research - Short 2 minute Survey. Help Appreciated.
- 17 Viking Danube River Bus Tour
- 18 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 19 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 20 High and dry Viking River Cruises...
- 21 Silversea the BEST
- 22 Hats off to Viking
- 23 Viking River Cruise- Please Black list this company
- 24 Gate 1 Cruise on Luftner’s Amadeus Silver – Substituted Bus Tour
- 25 Balcony on cheap cruise versus inside on more expensive cruise