Despite the fact that I am relatively new to the forum, I wanted to see if you could help me with a few things that I was considering. I have done a number of Google searches but I wanted to see what you thought.
Location of the cabin – I know that stability is important, especially considering that I am going to travel with someone who claims that they tend to get seasick rather quickly. I have been told that being lower and centralized on the ship is the best bet if you are traveling with someone who is seasick. So the advice would be to find something on the lowest level? Even if it means that I will not have the same great views I suppose. I guess that it does mean that I will not have to worry about noise as much.
Is there anyone else who has had experience traveling with someone who does not handle being at sea well? Did it actually ruin your experience or were you able to plan around it and still make the most of it?
When to book – Another question I had was about securing the cabin type (and cabin location I suppose) that you want. The travel agent we were talking to recommends that you put down a deposit to ensure that you get that specific cruise. I have heard that some people are able to get a rebate in the event that prices for cabins in my category go down. Is there such a thing or should you be aware that what you are thinking about paying is actually what you will end up paying?
I have heard that it may be beneficial to wait until the last minute, but while we do have somewhat flexible travel plans, I guess it might not be a great idea if we are stuck in a particular cabin that would not suit our needs. Is there anyone who can give some suggestions on that? Thank you for any help or information that you experienced cruisers can provide.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Medical and Evacuation Insurance for Alaska
- 2 Disney Cruises
- 3 1st time cruise!
- 4 Barcelona to Rome
- 5 Antarctica One Ocean Expeditions Cruise Canccellation
- 6 St Petersburg - guide vs visa
- 7 Having second thoughts about a Mediterranean cruise end of Oct/first of Nov
- 8 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 9 alaska cruise
- 10 Cruising from Baltimore
- 11 Luxury European Cruise with Teens
- 12 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 15 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 16 Oceania: Never again
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 19 Sacramento/No Calif GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 20 Silversea Silver Wind
- 21 Trying to decide cruise wardrobe for late fall Mediterranean
- 22 Celebrity Equinox-Cartagena
- 23 Family First Timers
- 24 Santorini excursions
- 25 Croatian Island Cruise - Options for Couple in early 40s