My husband and I are going away without the kids for our anniversary. After trying to be creative and plan something, I am now thinking that the easiest thing to do is take a 7 day cruise in teh Mediterranean and let them plan the iteniary for me! The prices also seem to be lower than usual - perhaps due to the recent issues Carnival and other lines have had? We were looking to travel in June, which I understand will be hot - but we don't mind the heat. We are pretty active, outdoorsy people, but want a mix of beach time/ relaxation and touring around sights. We are less interested in Greece (my husband has been there a bunch of times), but don't mind one stop; we just don't want to only do Greece. We wouldn't mind Italy, although we may tag on a few days at teh end of our trip visiting family in Italy. We think we would like Barcelona, Croatia, Turkey. . . The three lines that caught my eye were
(1) Costa's 7 Night Croatia-Greece-Monteengro that starts in Trieste and goes to Ancona, Dubronivnik (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Argostoli, Kefalonia (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia) and back to Trieste;
(2) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Western Med, that starts in Rome, goes to GEona, Marseille, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia and back to Rome; and
(3) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Eastern Med that starts in Rome, goes to Messina Siciliy, Pireaus (Greece), Kusdadasi (Turkey), Souda (Crete) and back to Rome.
We would be happy with any of the above locations - I think. . . and probably will go back to Europe at some point (but it will be a few years away) . This is my husband's first cruise and our first cruise together. I want to choose a "good" cruise line.
I also want to choose a good room - I heard towards the center of the boat with a balcony???
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Need help choosing a cruise in Mediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 2 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 3 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?