My husband and I are going away without the kids for our anniversary. After trying to be creative and plan something, I am now thinking that the easiest thing to do is take a 7 day cruise in teh Mediterranean and let them plan the iteniary for me! The prices also seem to be lower than usual - perhaps due to the recent issues Carnival and other lines have had? We were looking to travel in June, which I understand will be hot - but we don't mind the heat. We are pretty active, outdoorsy people, but want a mix of beach time/ relaxation and touring around sights. We are less interested in Greece (my husband has been there a bunch of times), but don't mind one stop; we just don't want to only do Greece. We wouldn't mind Italy, although we may tag on a few days at teh end of our trip visiting family in Italy. We think we would like Barcelona, Croatia, Turkey. . . The three lines that caught my eye were
(1) Costa's 7 Night Croatia-Greece-Monteengro that starts in Trieste and goes to Ancona, Dubronivnik (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Argostoli, Kefalonia (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia) and back to Trieste;
(2) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Western Med, that starts in Rome, goes to GEona, Marseille, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia and back to Rome; and
(3) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Eastern Med that starts in Rome, goes to Messina Siciliy, Pireaus (Greece), Kusdadasi (Turkey), Souda (Crete) and back to Rome.
We would be happy with any of the above locations - I think. . . and probably will go back to Europe at some point (but it will be a few years away) . This is my husband's first cruise and our first cruise together. I want to choose a "good" cruise line.
I also want to choose a good room - I heard towards the center of the boat with a balcony???
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 2 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 3 Shore excursions
- 4 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 5 Cabin Question for Emerald Princess
- 6 Hotel near Alees de L'Oulle
- 7 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 8 CARNIVAL IS THE WORST.. here's why!
- 9 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 10 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 11 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 14 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 15 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 16 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 17 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 18 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 19 Repositioning Cruise
- 20 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 21 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 22 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 24 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 25 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines