My husband and I are going away without the kids for our anniversary. After trying to be creative and plan something, I am now thinking that the easiest thing to do is take a 7 day cruise in teh Mediterranean and let them plan the iteniary for me! The prices also seem to be lower than usual - perhaps due to the recent issues Carnival and other lines have had? We were looking to travel in June, which I understand will be hot - but we don't mind the heat. We are pretty active, outdoorsy people, but want a mix of beach time/ relaxation and touring around sights. We are less interested in Greece (my husband has been there a bunch of times), but don't mind one stop; we just don't want to only do Greece. We wouldn't mind Italy, although we may tag on a few days at teh end of our trip visiting family in Italy. We think we would like Barcelona, Croatia, Turkey. . . The three lines that caught my eye were
(1) Costa's 7 Night Croatia-Greece-Monteengro that starts in Trieste and goes to Ancona, Dubronivnik (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Argostoli, Kefalonia (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia) and back to Trieste;
(2) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Western Med, that starts in Rome, goes to GEona, Marseille, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia and back to Rome; and
(3) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Eastern Med that starts in Rome, goes to Messina Siciliy, Pireaus (Greece), Kusdadasi (Turkey), Souda (Crete) and back to Rome.
We would be happy with any of the above locations - I think. . . and probably will go back to Europe at some point (but it will be a few years away) . This is my husband's first cruise and our first cruise together. I want to choose a "good" cruise line.
I also want to choose a good room - I heard towards the center of the boat with a balcony???
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Late arrival for checking-in
- 2 Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- 3 On the Vavilov in a twin share
- 4 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 5 transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh
- 6 Windstart-Dundee port to airport transfer
- 7 cruising the Mississippi river
- 8 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 9 Spoiled for life
- 10 Santorini excursions
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 13 Barcelona to Rome
- 14 We finally made up our minds...
- 15 Currency for multiple countries
- 16 Oceania Overbooking
- 17 2 NIght PreCruise
- 18 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 19 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 20 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 21 Dubronovik
- 22 Amsterdam - best way to get to city centre from the cruise terminal
- 23 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 24 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 25 alaska cruise