My husband and I are going away without the kids for our anniversary. After trying to be creative and plan something, I am now thinking that the easiest thing to do is take a 7 day cruise in teh Mediterranean and let them plan the iteniary for me! The prices also seem to be lower than usual - perhaps due to the recent issues Carnival and other lines have had? We were looking to travel in June, which I understand will be hot - but we don't mind the heat. We are pretty active, outdoorsy people, but want a mix of beach time/ relaxation and touring around sights. We are less interested in Greece (my husband has been there a bunch of times), but don't mind one stop; we just don't want to only do Greece. We wouldn't mind Italy, although we may tag on a few days at teh end of our trip visiting family in Italy. We think we would like Barcelona, Croatia, Turkey. . . The three lines that caught my eye were
(1) Costa's 7 Night Croatia-Greece-Monteengro that starts in Trieste and goes to Ancona, Dubronivnik (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Argostoli, Kefalonia (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia) and back to Trieste;
(2) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Western Med, that starts in Rome, goes to GEona, Marseille, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia and back to Rome; and
(3) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Eastern Med that starts in Rome, goes to Messina Siciliy, Pireaus (Greece), Kusdadasi (Turkey), Souda (Crete) and back to Rome.
We would be happy with any of the above locations - I think. . . and probably will go back to Europe at some point (but it will be a few years away) . This is my husband's first cruise and our first cruise together. I want to choose a "good" cruise line.
I also want to choose a good room - I heard towards the center of the boat with a balcony???
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 2 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 3 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 4 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 5 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 6 One-way cruise to Alaska June 2016
- 7 Juneau excursions Alaska Cruise
- 8 Avoid Crowds on Greek Cruise
- 9 Family First Timers
- 10 alaska cruise
- 11 Cruise Port in Livorno - Day Trip to Pisa and Lucca
- 12 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 We finally made up our minds...
- 15 Sailing On A Vista
- 16 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 17 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 18 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 19 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
- 20 The Cruise to pick to go this June
- 21 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 22 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 23 Mediterranean cruise on celebrity constellation
- 24 Oasis Lite: Review of Navigator of the Seas
- 25 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss