My husband and I are going away without the kids for our anniversary. After trying to be creative and plan something, I am now thinking that the easiest thing to do is take a 7 day cruise in teh Mediterranean and let them plan the iteniary for me! The prices also seem to be lower than usual - perhaps due to the recent issues Carnival and other lines have had? We were looking to travel in June, which I understand will be hot - but we don't mind the heat. We are pretty active, outdoorsy people, but want a mix of beach time/ relaxation and touring around sights. We are less interested in Greece (my husband has been there a bunch of times), but don't mind one stop; we just don't want to only do Greece. We wouldn't mind Italy, although we may tag on a few days at teh end of our trip visiting family in Italy. We think we would like Barcelona, Croatia, Turkey. . . The three lines that caught my eye were
(1) Costa's 7 Night Croatia-Greece-Monteengro that starts in Trieste and goes to Ancona, Dubronivnik (Croatia), Corfu (Greece), Argostoli, Kefalonia (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Split (Croatia) and back to Trieste;
(2) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Western Med, that starts in Rome, goes to GEona, Marseille, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia and back to Rome; and
(3) Royal Caribbean 7 Night Eastern Med that starts in Rome, goes to Messina Siciliy, Pireaus (Greece), Kusdadasi (Turkey), Souda (Crete) and back to Rome.
We would be happy with any of the above locations - I think. . . and probably will go back to Europe at some point (but it will be a few years away) . This is my husband's first cruise and our first cruise together. I want to choose a "good" cruise line.
I also want to choose a good room - I heard towards the center of the boat with a balcony???
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Need help choosing a cruise in Mediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 2 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 3 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 4 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 5 Pavlus Travel
- 6 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 7 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 8 Legend of the Seas
- 9 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way