How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 스탁론 주식갤러리 n1inve.com
- 2 Andro Beast
- 3 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 4 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 5 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 6 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 7 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 8 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 9 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 10 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 11 MSC splendida
- 12 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage
- 13 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 14 Cruise Mate- last minute, 33 days from San Diego
- 15 Trip insurance
- 16 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 17 World Cruises - Preference and Discounts
- 18 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 19 Shore excursions
- 20 Looking for cruise mate for S. Caribbean cruise
- 21 Western Caribbean excursions?
- 22 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 23 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 24 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 25 My first river cruise 12-2017