How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 헬로우카지노＼＼【【【】AKR843.C0M【】】】＼＼헬로우카지노
- 2 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Misty Fjords Palne Crash
- 5 any last minute tips for first cruise
- 6 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
- 7 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 8 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 Celebrity Solstice
- 10 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 11 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 Costa Fascinosa. It's cheap but is it nasty?
- 14 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 15 Cruising Hacks
- 16 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 17 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 18 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 19 Disembarking with HAL
- 20 norwegian cruise line
- 21 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 22 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 23 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 24 Southbound Alaska on Holland America
- 25 Alaskan land and sea tour