How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 A Pandaw Cruise In Burma
- 2 Segway: Has anyone taken one of these port tours?
- 3 Cost of Alcoholic Beverages
- 4 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 5 Low water cruise complaints
- 6 Alaska: Norwegian or Princess...
- 7 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 8 Best Food on Luxury Cruise Lines
- 9 Holland america oosterdam
- 10 No recourse for a change of itinerary
- 11 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 12 Cruises survey
- 13 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 14 Viking River Cruise - Pretty darn good!!
- 15 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 16 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 17 Customer Experience Research - Short 2 minute Survey. Help Appreciated.
- 18 Viking Danube River Bus Tour
- 19 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 20 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 21 High and dry Viking River Cruises...
- 22 Silversea the BEST
- 23 Hats off to Viking
- 24 Viking River Cruise- Please Black list this company
- 25 Gate 1 Cruise on Luftner’s Amadeus Silver – Substituted Bus Tour