How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 new england/canada cruise
- 2 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 3 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 4 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 5 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 6 Alaska Cruise
- 7 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 8 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 9 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 10 Alaska- Icy straight point
- 11 Hotel in mid-town or near cruise pier?
- 12 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 15 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 16 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 17 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 18 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 19 Tauck River Cruises
- 20 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 21 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 22 Best cruise ship for solo cruise to Alaska?
- 23 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 24 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 25 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise