How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Medical and Evacuation Insurance for Alaska
- 2 Barcelona to Rome
- 3 Disney Cruises
- 4 1st time cruise!
- 5 Antarctica One Ocean Expeditions Cruise Canccellation
- 6 St Petersburg - guide vs visa
- 7 Having second thoughts about a Mediterranean cruise end of Oct/first of Nov
- 8 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 9 alaska cruise
- 10 Cruising from Baltimore
- 11 Luxury European Cruise with Teens
- 12 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 15 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 16 Oceania: Never again
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 19 Sacramento/No Calif GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 20 Silversea Silver Wind
- 21 Trying to decide cruise wardrobe for late fall Mediterranean
- 22 Celebrity Equinox-Cartagena
- 23 Family First Timers
- 24 Santorini excursions
- 25 Croatian Island Cruise - Options for Couple in early 40s