How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KYOCERA Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Scenic cruise advice
- 3 Viking consumer beware
- 4 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 5 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 6 Small Ship Alaska
- 7 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 8 Pre-cruise hotel
- 9 Amadeus river cruise
- 10 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 11 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 12 We finally made up our minds...
- 13 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 14 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 15 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 16 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 17 Caribbean Update
- 18 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 19 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 20 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 21 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 22 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 23 river cruises what do you love
- 24 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 25 NYC Tour before cruise