How was the NCL " freestyle" experience? What was there in place of formal night? Was there a captain's party? A singles mixer? Did you like the overall offering of activities and entertainment/shows? Could you book a late seating for every night in advance? I’d rather not have to do that every day. Did you meet other people? Were you able to sit with others for dinner if you wanted to?
NCL website doesn't really offer a lot of information on activities & shows, & doesn't post the regular dining sample menus. Seems very casual, and the entertainment didn't seem to be at the same level as other ships.
Also, a lot of mixed reviews on NCL & the Jewel. DId the cruisers reporting on cruisecritic and other sites have unrealistic expectations of the staff? or is indifferent ( and rude) service really that common an occurence? ( not sure how a company would stay in business). I have a bad knee & want to avoid lines and disorganized disembarking as much as possible. Royal Caribbean was very efficient (or I was lucky). I enjoyed most of it, good service, good food & activities, mostly good shows.
Subjective, of course, but any feedback on your own experience with NCL would be appreciated. I need to decide Fri or Sat, & solidify arrangements for petcare.
I am awaiting renewal of my passport, so cruising from US port is really my only option without passport.
NCL Jewel did you like it? and the Freestyle dining?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 2 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 3 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 4 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 5 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC