We are a family of 4 aboard the Epic June 12th in Rome and we have made a tour reservation with a company called Provence Connections for a private tour of Aix, a winery tour, and Cassis to see the Calanques.
This is the description the tour company emailed to us:
- The first itinerary starts at the Port of Marseille, where you will be picked up by your driver. You will then head to the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence (if of interest, there is also the possibility of visiting the Atelier of the famous French painter Cézanne). After Aix-en-Provence, the tour continues to the beautiful fishermen village of Cassis, at the seaside, before returning to Marseille in the afternoon. A wine tasting (close to Aix-en-Provence) is possible and this should be confirmed early enough, so that we can book it.
A private full-day tour costs 548 euros per vehicle (8 persons). However we do offer a 50€ discount this year for cruise passengers, which makes a total price of 498€.
The company is called Provence Connections
Trip Advisor Reviews:
Provence Connection more detailed Itinerary:
Pick up at 10.00
arrive in Aix ( Cezanne Atelier) by 10,45/11.00 spend more or less an hr there, have a quick sandwich in Aix,and go to the winery by 1.00, the visit will be an hr long then you will head off to Cassis by 2,45 pm (spend an hr, an hr and half there to see the village and Cap Canaille ) then off to Marseille( time permitted you will also have time to see some of the spot lights in Marseille), and be back at your ship by 18.00 ( an hr before your departure).
In response to our question about the time in Cassis and whether we would have time to do a boat tour Provence Connection replied:
Yes of course you are free to do your things, the driver will leave you at one place and meet you back there after what ever time he has given you.Then he will guide you to Cap Canaille.
More about the winery we have scheduled:
vineyards - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR..._Provence.html
I have also looked into boat tours in Cassis and from what I understand there’s a kiosk at the marina we can just go to. Some of the reviewers on Trip Advisor said it costs around 25-28 euro. I also read that the water can be choppy sometimes so I was going to play it by ear once we got there. Other than that, I mostly plan to just explore and find good food to eat.
Cassis boat tour:
Their website isn’t equipped to do the tour sharing thing. Our family is going to go either way and have already paid a 100 Euro depost, but we do have room for 4 people. If we get a total of 8 people the price per person is about 62 Euro. If anyone is interested in joining please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading! Happy Sailing!
NCL EPIC June 12th from Rome- Shore Excursions @ Marseille 6/14/2013
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 2 river cruise cabins
- 3 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 4 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 5 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 6 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 7 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 8 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 11 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 12 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 13 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 14 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 15 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 16 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 17 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 18 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 19 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 20 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 21 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 22 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 23 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 24 How do I choose/change a dinner seating time on Celebrity?
- 25 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen