We are all ready to take this cruise again next year! The food was fantastic, the crew friendly and helpful, Bermuda warm but we did have a rain and wind (go shopping in Hamilton). No trouble with alcohol packed in our luggage; we did see alcohol taken out of carry on bags - it was being labeled with cabin numbers. We used the public buses to get around the island, a 3 day pass was $21.00 for unlimited travel on the buses and ferry. Be sure to make time to go out to Dockyard; be careful of the ferry schedule or you may end up taking more time than needed to get there. The ferry ride gives a great view of the island from the water. The boat docks in St. George and the beach at Tobacco Bay is a mile walk (up hill to the beach, down back to the boat). We enjoyed this beach and it is a lot easier than the bus out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. Bring your own snorkel, they are rented at the beaches as well. Tobacco Bay had a beautiful natural coral barrier that people were enjoying. The boat provides beach towels as you exit (and ponchos if it is raining). Don't be afraid of cabs - 4 took a cab from Hamilton to St. George for $24.00 total. We had heard stories of big money and per person charges - not true. We also know of people who were given free rides by the locals, thinking they were getting in a cab - everyone was helpful and friendly. The only expense you will find on the cruise is side trips, alcohol, pictures - if you don't drink you can get off the boat pretty cheaply. Enjoy!
NCL Boston to Bermuda 10/99
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sea sickness
- 2 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 3 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 4 car rental from Miami Port
- 5 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 6 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 7 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 12 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 13 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 14 Staterooms
- 15 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 16 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 17 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 18 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 19 Parking in Miami
- 20 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 21 South Pacific
- 22 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 23 Celebrity Constellation
- 24 Please help with cruise planning.
- 25 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel