We are all ready to take this cruise again next year! The food was fantastic, the crew friendly and helpful, Bermuda warm but we did have a rain and wind (go shopping in Hamilton). No trouble with alcohol packed in our luggage; we did see alcohol taken out of carry on bags - it was being labeled with cabin numbers. We used the public buses to get around the island, a 3 day pass was $21.00 for unlimited travel on the buses and ferry. Be sure to make time to go out to Dockyard; be careful of the ferry schedule or you may end up taking more time than needed to get there. The ferry ride gives a great view of the island from the water. The boat docks in St. George and the beach at Tobacco Bay is a mile walk (up hill to the beach, down back to the boat). We enjoyed this beach and it is a lot easier than the bus out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. Bring your own snorkel, they are rented at the beaches as well. Tobacco Bay had a beautiful natural coral barrier that people were enjoying. The boat provides beach towels as you exit (and ponchos if it is raining). Don't be afraid of cabs - 4 took a cab from Hamilton to St. George for $24.00 total. We had heard stories of big money and per person charges - not true. We also know of people who were given free rides by the locals, thinking they were getting in a cab - everyone was helpful and friendly. The only expense you will find on the cruise is side trips, alcohol, pictures - if you don't drink you can get off the boat pretty cheaply. Enjoy!
NCL Boston to Bermuda 10/99
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 2 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 3 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 4 Pavlus Travel
- 5 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 6 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 7 Legend of the Seas
- 8 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 9 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way