We are all ready to take this cruise again next year! The food was fantastic, the crew friendly and helpful, Bermuda warm but we did have a rain and wind (go shopping in Hamilton). No trouble with alcohol packed in our luggage; we did see alcohol taken out of carry on bags - it was being labeled with cabin numbers. We used the public buses to get around the island, a 3 day pass was $21.00 for unlimited travel on the buses and ferry. Be sure to make time to go out to Dockyard; be careful of the ferry schedule or you may end up taking more time than needed to get there. The ferry ride gives a great view of the island from the water. The boat docks in St. George and the beach at Tobacco Bay is a mile walk (up hill to the beach, down back to the boat). We enjoyed this beach and it is a lot easier than the bus out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. Bring your own snorkel, they are rented at the beaches as well. Tobacco Bay had a beautiful natural coral barrier that people were enjoying. The boat provides beach towels as you exit (and ponchos if it is raining). Don't be afraid of cabs - 4 took a cab from Hamilton to St. George for $24.00 total. We had heard stories of big money and per person charges - not true. We also know of people who were given free rides by the locals, thinking they were getting in a cab - everyone was helpful and friendly. The only expense you will find on the cruise is side trips, alcohol, pictures - if you don't drink you can get off the boat pretty cheaply. Enjoy!
NCL Boston to Bermuda 10/99
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 2 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 3 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 4 An Epic Adventure
- 5 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 6 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 7 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 8 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 9 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 10 queen mary question
- 11 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 12 Back from Epic cruise
- 13 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cozumel excursions
- 15 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 16 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 17 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 18 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 19 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 20 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 21 A Disappointing Conquest
- 22 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 23 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 24 Wind on board
- 25 Is the food quality generally the same on different ships in the same line?