We are all ready to take this cruise again next year! The food was fantastic, the crew friendly and helpful, Bermuda warm but we did have a rain and wind (go shopping in Hamilton). No trouble with alcohol packed in our luggage; we did see alcohol taken out of carry on bags - it was being labeled with cabin numbers. We used the public buses to get around the island, a 3 day pass was $21.00 for unlimited travel on the buses and ferry. Be sure to make time to go out to Dockyard; be careful of the ferry schedule or you may end up taking more time than needed to get there. The ferry ride gives a great view of the island from the water. The boat docks in St. George and the beach at Tobacco Bay is a mile walk (up hill to the beach, down back to the boat). We enjoyed this beach and it is a lot easier than the bus out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. Bring your own snorkel, they are rented at the beaches as well. Tobacco Bay had a beautiful natural coral barrier that people were enjoying. The boat provides beach towels as you exit (and ponchos if it is raining). Don't be afraid of cabs - 4 took a cab from Hamilton to St. George for $24.00 total. We had heard stories of big money and per person charges - not true. We also know of people who were given free rides by the locals, thinking they were getting in a cab - everyone was helpful and friendly. The only expense you will find on the cruise is side trips, alcohol, pictures - if you don't drink you can get off the boat pretty cheaply. Enjoy!
NCL Boston to Bermuda 10/99
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Formal nights on cruise
- 2 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 3 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 4 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean
- 5 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 6 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 7 Norwegian Epic Tour Sharing - Rome - 3 Sep 14
- 8 Cruise Weather Tracking Website
- 9 4 Aussies on Sapphire Princess to Alaska
- 10 TAMPA HOTEL
- 11 Emerald Princess vs. NCL Dawn for Christmas Cruise
- 12 Azamara Excursions
- 13 Things to consider about a river cruise??
- 14 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 15 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 16 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 17 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 18 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 19 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 20 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 21 Jones Act
- 22 Cruise Experience Interview
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 25 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner