We are all ready to take this cruise again next year! The food was fantastic, the crew friendly and helpful, Bermuda warm but we did have a rain and wind (go shopping in Hamilton). No trouble with alcohol packed in our luggage; we did see alcohol taken out of carry on bags - it was being labeled with cabin numbers. We used the public buses to get around the island, a 3 day pass was $21.00 for unlimited travel on the buses and ferry. Be sure to make time to go out to Dockyard; be careful of the ferry schedule or you may end up taking more time than needed to get there. The ferry ride gives a great view of the island from the water. The boat docks in St. George and the beach at Tobacco Bay is a mile walk (up hill to the beach, down back to the boat). We enjoyed this beach and it is a lot easier than the bus out to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. Bring your own snorkel, they are rented at the beaches as well. Tobacco Bay had a beautiful natural coral barrier that people were enjoying. The boat provides beach towels as you exit (and ponchos if it is raining). Don't be afraid of cabs - 4 took a cab from Hamilton to St. George for $24.00 total. We had heard stories of big money and per person charges - not true. We also know of people who were given free rides by the locals, thinking they were getting in a cab - everyone was helpful and friendly. The only expense you will find on the cruise is side trips, alcohol, pictures - if you don't drink you can get off the boat pretty cheaply. Enjoy!
NCL Boston to Bermuda 10/99
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 2 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 3 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 4 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 5 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 6 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 7 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 8 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 9 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 transfers in Venice
- 12 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 13 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 14 Pavlus Travel
- 15 Cape Horn Cruise
- 16 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 17 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 18 Cruise Experience Interview
- 19 regent navigator showers
- 20 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 21 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 22 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 23 Steep cruise discounts
- 24 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 25 Staying active on a river cruise