I booked a guaranteed cabin with MSC cruise line because there was only one cabin left in the back and I thought I couldn't do any worse. I was wrong! Two weeks before the cruise, I found out we would have to switch cabins right in the middle of the cruise. MSC has people getting on and off at every port so they want to keep all cabins full. I called my MSC cruise consultant and said their online booking system was showing a cabin available in the same category. He said he could not book it for me but would email Naples, Italy to see if they would. They did not and we were forced to move right in the middle of the cruise at a tiny island in the Atlantic. We had to pack up everything and take all our valuables on the excursion for the day. The employees on the ship said it was common and "standard procedure" for people to change cabins during their cruise. They even have a form letter that was placed on my bed remining me we had to move. I wish I would have known about this before I booked since we only saved a few dollars.
MSC Cruise-Guaranteed Cabins means Changing Cabins Mid-cruise
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 2 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 3 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 4 Cruises to Alaska
- 5 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 6 Where to stay near Port Civitavecchia, Italy?
- 7 Pride of America
- 8 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 9 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 10 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 11 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 12 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 13 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 14 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 15 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 16 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 17 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 18 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 19 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 20 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 21 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 22 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 23 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 24 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 25 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple