I booked a guaranteed cabin with MSC cruise line because there was only one cabin left in the back and I thought I couldn't do any worse. I was wrong! Two weeks before the cruise, I found out we would have to switch cabins right in the middle of the cruise. MSC has people getting on and off at every port so they want to keep all cabins full. I called my MSC cruise consultant and said their online booking system was showing a cabin available in the same category. He said he could not book it for me but would email Naples, Italy to see if they would. They did not and we were forced to move right in the middle of the cruise at a tiny island in the Atlantic. We had to pack up everything and take all our valuables on the excursion for the day. The employees on the ship said it was common and "standard procedure" for people to change cabins during their cruise. They even have a form letter that was placed on my bed remining me we had to move. I wish I would have known about this before I booked since we only saved a few dollars.
MSC Cruise-Guaranteed Cabins means Changing Cabins Mid-cruise
- 1 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 2 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 3 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 4 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 5 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 6 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 7 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 8 Cayos Cochinos
- 9 California Coastal Cruise
- 10 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 11 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 12 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 13 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 14 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 15 Grand Turk
- 16 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 17 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 18 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 19 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 20 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 21 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 22 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 23 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 24 Short cruise, small boat on Prince William Sound Alaska?
- 25 Feedback: What are your thoughts on cruising?