I booked a guaranteed cabin with MSC cruise line because there was only one cabin left in the back and I thought I couldn't do any worse. I was wrong! Two weeks before the cruise, I found out we would have to switch cabins right in the middle of the cruise. MSC has people getting on and off at every port so they want to keep all cabins full. I called my MSC cruise consultant and said their online booking system was showing a cabin available in the same category. He said he could not book it for me but would email Naples, Italy to see if they would. They did not and we were forced to move right in the middle of the cruise at a tiny island in the Atlantic. We had to pack up everything and take all our valuables on the excursion for the day. The employees on the ship said it was common and "standard procedure" for people to change cabins during their cruise. They even have a form letter that was placed on my bed remining me we had to move. I wish I would have known about this before I booked since we only saved a few dollars.
MSC Cruise-Guaranteed Cabins means Changing Cabins Mid-cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 2 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 3 regent navigator showers
- 4 Steep cruise discounts
- 5 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 6 Staying active on a river cruise
- 7 Back from Epic cruise
- 8 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 9 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 10 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 13 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 14 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 15 Which cruise one to use??
- 16 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 17 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 18 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 19 Formal nights on cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Cruises for singles
- 22 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 23 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 24 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 25 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?