I booked a guaranteed cabin with MSC cruise line because there was only one cabin left in the back and I thought I couldn't do any worse. I was wrong! Two weeks before the cruise, I found out we would have to switch cabins right in the middle of the cruise. MSC has people getting on and off at every port so they want to keep all cabins full. I called my MSC cruise consultant and said their online booking system was showing a cabin available in the same category. He said he could not book it for me but would email Naples, Italy to see if they would. They did not and we were forced to move right in the middle of the cruise at a tiny island in the Atlantic. We had to pack up everything and take all our valuables on the excursion for the day. The employees on the ship said it was common and "standard procedure" for people to change cabins during their cruise. They even have a form letter that was placed on my bed remining me we had to move. I wish I would have known about this before I booked since we only saved a few dollars.
MSC Cruise-Guaranteed Cabins means Changing Cabins Mid-cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Finally booked, Yea!
- 2 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 3 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 4 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 5 Sea sickness
- 6 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 7 car rental from Miami Port
- 8 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 9 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 10 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 11 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 12 Alaska
- 13 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 14 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 15 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 16 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 17 Staterooms
- 18 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 19 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 20 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 21 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 22 Parking in Miami
- 23 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 24 South Pacific
- 25 Any update on Navigator delay?