Our family (kids are 15 and 12) are considering a Mexican Riviera cruise for Spring Break '07. But which cruise for us?
We are in our mid to late 40's and have been on Carnival (Europe, Caribbean) and Royal Caribbean (Caribbean). Of the 2 lines, we are more the Royal Caribbean "type".
We strongly prefer to sail out of San Diego, since we live in San Diego county. Here are the 3 cruises that leave out of San Diego that week:
1. Celebrity Mercury (Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas)
2. Holland America Oosterdam (Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas)
3. Carnival Spirit (Mazatlan, La Paz, Cabo San Lucas)
Here are the pros and cons:
* Pros - best price of the 3, we'd probably LOVE Celebrity's service and food, we enjoy smaller ships.
* Cons - older ship, will be refurbished the week AFTER we would return, not sure if there will be enough kids for our kids to make friends with (even during Spring Break).
2. Holland America:
* Pros - nice, newer ship.
* Cons - not sure if there will be enough kids for our kids to make friends with (even during Spring Break), Is the crowd a tad older than we'd prefer? May be more sedate than we'd prefer.
* Pros - this itinerary includes La Paz, which I've read is the best scuba dive port of all the ports listed above (DH and DD would dive and DS and I would snorkel), here there would be enough kids for my kids to make friends with.
* Cons - would prefer another line to Carnival; will this be too much of a party crowd? We like to have fun but aren't big drinkers, etc. Maybe too many kids (would like a decent amount, but don't want to be overrun with kids either!)?
I also posted on Cruise Critic.. but am interested in what the fodorites recommend, as well.
Sooooooo.... which cruise for us?
Any suggestions or comments?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Late arrival for checking-in
- 2 Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- 3 On the Vavilov in a twin share
- 4 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 5 transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh
- 6 Windstart-Dundee port to airport transfer
- 7 cruising the Mississippi river
- 8 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 9 Spoiled for life
- 10 Santorini excursions
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 13 Barcelona to Rome
- 14 We finally made up our minds...
- 15 Currency for multiple countries
- 16 Oceania Overbooking
- 17 2 NIght PreCruise
- 18 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 19 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 20 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 21 Dubronovik
- 22 Amsterdam - best way to get to city centre from the cruise terminal
- 23 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 24 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 25 alaska cruise