Our family (kids are 15 and 12) are considering a Mexican Riviera cruise for Spring Break '07. But which cruise for us?
We are in our mid to late 40's and have been on Carnival (Europe, Caribbean) and Royal Caribbean (Caribbean). Of the 2 lines, we are more the Royal Caribbean "type".
We strongly prefer to sail out of San Diego, since we live in San Diego county. Here are the 3 cruises that leave out of San Diego that week:
1. Celebrity Mercury (Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas)
2. Holland America Oosterdam (Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas)
3. Carnival Spirit (Mazatlan, La Paz, Cabo San Lucas)
Here are the pros and cons:
* Pros - best price of the 3, we'd probably LOVE Celebrity's service and food, we enjoy smaller ships.
* Cons - older ship, will be refurbished the week AFTER we would return, not sure if there will be enough kids for our kids to make friends with (even during Spring Break).
2. Holland America:
* Pros - nice, newer ship.
* Cons - not sure if there will be enough kids for our kids to make friends with (even during Spring Break), Is the crowd a tad older than we'd prefer? May be more sedate than we'd prefer.
* Pros - this itinerary includes La Paz, which I've read is the best scuba dive port of all the ports listed above (DH and DD would dive and DS and I would snorkel), here there would be enough kids for my kids to make friends with.
* Cons - would prefer another line to Carnival; will this be too much of a party crowd? We like to have fun but aren't big drinkers, etc. Maybe too many kids (would like a decent amount, but don't want to be overrun with kids either!)?
I also posted on Cruise Critic.. but am interested in what the fodorites recommend, as well.
Sooooooo.... which cruise for us?
Any suggestions or comments?
Thanks for your help!
Mexican Riviera cruise - Spring break w/ kids?
- 1 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 2 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 3 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 4 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 5 Cruises to Alaska
- 6 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 7 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 8 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 9 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 10 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 11 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 12 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 13 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 14 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 15 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 16 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 17 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 20 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 21 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 22 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 24 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 25 post-cruise help in Miami