My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Spotlight NOW miniature stature apparently
- 2 Cruisewear on Princess
- 3 RD poll of most trusted cruise in USA.
- 4 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 5 Port Canaveral Orlando _ what to do
- 6 Car rental from Norwegian Pride of America
- 7 European River Cruises - strategy
- 8 Port Canaveral
- 9 Formal nights
- 10 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 11 Alaska Cruise
- 12 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 13 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 14 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 15 NCL Loses all our reservations
- 16 Accident on Harmony of the seas. Crew killed and injured.
- 17 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 18 River Cruising-Eastern Europe
- 19 Luggage storage or transport from Yokohama to Haneda Airport
- 20 Norwegian Fjord cruise room choic
- 21 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed
- 22 Carnival Vista creams dock will exiting port of Messina!
- 23 cheaper to do round trip from Rome (R/T) vs. Rome and Venice (O/W)
- 24 Using Global Entry at Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal
- 25 quality of m/v artemis
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (