My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Miami Cruise Port Parking Recommendations
- 2 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 3 Grand Princess Returns to Port for Repairs
- 4 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 5 Baltic Cruise Itinerary Question
- 6 Need tour help for Diamond Princess roundtrip from Singapore itinerary
- 7 Shore Excursions in Juneau
- 8 What to pack South America
- 9 SICKNESS ON VIKING!
- 10 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 11 Cruisewear on Princess
- 12 Cruise parking, Fort Lauderdale
- 13 Cruise facts
- 14 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 15 Antarctica-Expedition-Feb.2017-By OneOcean-
- 16 Quiet in the Forum
- 17 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 18 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 19 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 20 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 21 What to wear onboard Zaandam from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
- 22 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 23 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 24 inoculations
- 25 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (