My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 2 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 3 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 4 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 5 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 6 river cruise cabins
- 7 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 8 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 9 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 10 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 11 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 12 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 15 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 16 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 17 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 20 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 21 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 22 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 23 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 24 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 25 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia