My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
- 1 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 2 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 3 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 4 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 5 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 6 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 7 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 8 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 9 Cruises to Alaska
- 10 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 11 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 12 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 13 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 14 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 15 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 16 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 17 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 18 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 19 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 20 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 21 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 22 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 23 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 24 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 25 Venice cruise terminal to railway station