My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 4 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 5 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC