My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 2 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 3 Greece Italy Cruise
- 4 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 5 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 6 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 7 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 8 Cruise room options for three people
- 9 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 10 Tauck Danube cruise
- 11 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 12 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 13 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 14 New charge on NCL
- 15 returning rental car in Southampton
- 16 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 17 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 18 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 19 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 20 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 21 July 8 Florence tour - join our group!
- 22 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 23 is Holland America meal plan worth it?
- 24 Assult on Golden Princess
- 25 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...