My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 tips for first cruisers
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 4 British Passport Validity
- 5 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Cruising New Zealand?
- 8 Alaskan cruise
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Excursion Shore
- 11 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 12 Time in ports?
- 13 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 14 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 15 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 16 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 17 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 18 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 19 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 20 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 21 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 22 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 23 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek
- 24 QM2 - Transport from Red Hook to LGA
- 25 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (