My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 2 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 3 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 4 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 5 river cruises what do you love
- 6 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 7 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 8 NYC Tour before cruise
- 9 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 10 Pre-cruise hotel
- 11 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 12 port excursion recommendations
- 13 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 14 Caribbean in 17/18
- 15 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 16 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 17 Dietary requests
- 18 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 19 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 20 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 21 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 22 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 23 Pirates!
- 24 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 25 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (