My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 FAQs : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:8OO:385:4895 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 3 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Tauck River Cruises
- 6 Alaska Cruise-Definitely Not Cheap
- 7 Celebrity Millennium
- 8 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 9 Trip insurance
- 10 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 11 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 12 Costs all round when sick without adequate cover
- 13 Rental car return - Southampton UK
- 14 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 15 Best time to book Royal Caribbean cruise for best price?
- 16 Beaches on Grand Turk and Amber Cove
- 17 Surprise Alaskan Cruise for my Mom for Mother's Day
- 18 Alaska Cruise
- 19 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 20 Cabin mate for Norway cruise in July
- 21 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 22 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 23 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 24 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 25 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (