My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 2 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 3 Sea sickness
- 4 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 5 car rental from Miami Port
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 8 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 9 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 10 Alaska
- 11 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 12 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 13 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 14 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 15 Staterooms
- 16 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 17 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 18 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 19 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 20 Parking in Miami
- 21 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 22 South Pacific
- 23 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 24 Celebrity Constellation
- 25 Please help with cruise planning.