My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Steep cruise discounts
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Back from Epic cruise
- 4 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 5 Staying active on a river cruise
- 6 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 7 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 10 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 11 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 12 Which cruise one to use??
- 13 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 14 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 15 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 16 Formal nights on cruise
- 17 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 18 Cruises for singles
- 19 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 20 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 21 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 22 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 23 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 24 Tours in Greece
- 25 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015