My mom and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer to celebrate their anniversary and are hopeful some family members want to join them. I have a long history with motion sickness and have told them that instead, I'd rather meet up with them somewhere along the way. They will likely extend their trip either on the front end or back, so I figure that is a safer option for me. Also, if possible, I am thinking I might be able to meet them at one of the ports along the way as well.
They have not picked the ship yet, which is the first step obviously. I will plan my itinerary around them
Has anyone ever done a trip like this? As much as I would like to join them, I just see myself being sick and miserable too much of the time. Do you think it would be better to meet up with them on the front end or the back? This seems like a good plan to me, but my family is not very familiar with cruising. We love Italy, so I suspect that will be the destination we would settle on for the "together" part.
Appreciate any advice regarding pitfalls of the plan I have overlooked. I realize this is not much of a plan yet until they pick the ship and itin. Thank you!
Meeting up with family who is on a Med Cruse -- because I get sea sick : (
- 1 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 2 World cruise?
- 3 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 4 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 5 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 6 quick lunch in Paris
- 7 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 8 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 9 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 10 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 11 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 12 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 13 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 14 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 15 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 16 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 17 Cayos Cochinos
- 18 California Coastal Cruise
- 19 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 20 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 21 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 22 Grand Turk
- 23 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 24 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 25 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?