I'd like some advice from all you savvy cruise vacationers out there. My wife and I want to cruise the eastern Mediterranean in 2012 as part of a summer holiday in Europe. I'd like to research and book this a cruise package sooner rather than later so I can move on to planning other parts of our trip. We've traveled a bit but have been on a cruise only once--a decade ago for a week in the Caribbean--so we're very much uninformed on the subject. We're quite flexible on details like the date of the cruise, its' duration, ports of call, carrier and such. And, we're not necessarily looking for the least expensive package but, rather, the package that offers a fair balance between quality experience and value. Here's where I need your advice. I like planning our trips myself but, given my lack of experience on the matter, should I consult a travel agent? If I do the planning myself is there a particular website I may not be aware of that I should mine for the best bargains or are the standard travel sites (i.e., Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) all I need? My impression of cruise shopping is that there can be wide variations in pricing for identical packages (kind of like buying airline tickets) with the bargains going to those shrewd travelers who have a strategy. Is my impression correct? If it is then what is this strategy? Enlighten me, please. I'm counting on you seasoned cruise takers to make me an instant expert.
Mediterranean Cruising For Dummies
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruises to Alaska
- 2 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 3 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 4 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 5 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 6 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 7 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 8 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 9 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 10 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 11 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 12 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 13 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 14 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 15 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 16 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 17 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 18 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 19 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 20 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 21 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 22 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 23 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 24 post-cruise help in Miami
- 25 Royal Caribbean - Enchantment of the Seas