We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Marquesas and Rangiroa
- 1 Cruises to Alaska
- 2 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 3 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 4 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 5 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 6 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 7 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 8 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 9 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 10 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 11 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 12 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 13 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 14 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 15 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 16 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 17 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 18 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 19 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 20 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 21 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 22 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 23 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 24 post-cruise help in Miami
- 25 Royal Caribbean - Enchantment of the Seas