We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 2 Small Ship Alaska
- 3 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 4 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 5 Pre-cruise hotel
- 6 Amadeus river cruise
- 7 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 8 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 9 We finally made up our minds...
- 10 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 11 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 12 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 13 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 14 Caribbean Update
- 15 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 16 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 17 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 18 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 19 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 20 river cruises what do you love
- 21 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 22 NYC Tour before cruise
- 23 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 24 port excursion recommendations
- 25 Caribbean in 17/18