We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 2 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 3 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 4 new england/canada cruise
- 5 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 6 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 7 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 8 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 9 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 10 Alaska Cruise
- 11 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 12 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 13 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 14 Alaska- Icy straight point
- 15 Hotel in mid-town or near cruise pier?
- 16 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 17 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 18 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 19 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 20 Tauck River Cruises
- 21 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 22 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 23 Best cruise ship for solo cruise to Alaska?
- 24 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 25 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help