We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 2 Need tour help for Diamond Princess roundtrip from Singapore itinerary
- 3 Shore Excursions in Juneau
- 4 What to pack South America
- 5 SICKNESS ON VIKING!
- 6 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 7 Cruisewear on Princess
- 8 Cruise parking, Fort Lauderdale
- 9 Cruise facts
- 10 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 11 Antarctica-Expedition-Feb.2017-By OneOcean-
- 12 Quiet in the Forum
- 13 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 14 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 15 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 16 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 17 What to wear onboard Zaandam from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
- 18 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 19 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 20 inoculations
- 21 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 22 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 23 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 24 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed
- 25 Ncl Jewel falling apart?