We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 2 Juneau excursions Alaska Cruise
- 3 Avoid Crowds on Greek Cruise
- 4 Family First Timers
- 5 alaska cruise
- 6 Cruise Port in Livorno - Day Trip to Pisa and Lucca
- 7 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 8 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 9 One-way cruise to Alaska June 2016
- 10 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 11 We finally made up our minds...
- 12 Sailing On A Vista
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 15 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 16 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
- 17 The Cruise to pick to go this June
- 18 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 19 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 20 Mediterranean cruise on celebrity constellation
- 21 Oasis Lite: Review of Navigator of the Seas
- 22 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss
- 23 Baltic Cruise in June
- 24 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 25 MSC Divina