We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 tips for first cruisers
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 4 British Passport Validity
- 5 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Cruising New Zealand?
- 8 Alaskan cruise
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Excursion Shore
- 11 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 12 Time in ports?
- 13 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 14 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 15 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 16 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 17 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 18 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 19 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 20 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 21 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 22 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 23 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek
- 24 QM2 - Transport from Red Hook to LGA
- 25 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare