We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Marquesas and Rangiroa
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Will we like European river cruises?
- 2 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 3 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 4 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 5 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 6 An Epic Adventure
- 7 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 8 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 9 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 10 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 11 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 12 queen mary question
- 13 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 14 Back from Epic cruise
- 15 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 16 Cozumel excursions
- 17 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 18 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 19 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 20 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 21 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 22 A Disappointing Conquest
- 23 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 24 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 25 Wind on board