We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Marquesas and Rangiroa
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome