My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 2 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 3 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 4 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 5 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 6 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 7 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen
- 10 Dream A Little Dream
- 11 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 12 Seabourn Sojourn Singapore-Mumbai, March 2015
- 13 Cruise room options for three people
- 14 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 15 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 16 Norwegian Dawn
- 17 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 18 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 19 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 20 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 21 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 22 Greece Italy Cruise
- 23 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 24 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 25 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012