My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 AMA vs VIKING
- 2 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 3 Anyone doing the Celebrity Transatlantic on 4 November?
- 4 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 5 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 6 How to prepare for Carnival Glory in first week of dec
- 7 September Viking Cruise
- 8 Norwegian Getaway or Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea
- 9 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 10 Cruise Around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso
- 11 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Carnival Glory or Conquest? Amber grove or Halff moon CAY?
- 14 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 15 Haines, AK: Eagle Preserve rafting or Chilkoot Lake kayaking?
- 16 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 17 Norwegian Getaway Balconies
- 18 Ultimate Beverage Package
- 19 Looking for El Chapo
- 20 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 21 Grand Circle Cruise Line, A Medical Disaster
- 22 In room coffee makers/Soltice
- 23 Princess in Bangkok
- 24 Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?
- 25 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012