My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 2 Rhine River Boat cruise
- 3 DONE BE LATE
- 4 Greece and or Croatia cruise September /October 2016
- 5 Queen Mary 2 Cruise packing tips
- 6 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 7 Alaska cruises
- 8 We finally made up our minds...
- 9 12 hour wait
- 10 river flow
- 11 Spoiled for life
- 12 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 13 Ira's Off to Dig the Big Ditch
- 14 VIPmalaga versus Spain Day Tours for Alhambr
- 15 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 16 MED Honeymoon Cruise from Cincinnati
- 17 Taking cruise from Barcelona
- 18 Where is member Eschew?
- 19 Scandinavia Cruise - Depart from Copenhage or Warnemunde, Berlin???
- 20 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 21 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss
- 22 Booking a Windstar cruise
- 23 Transport from Seattle Pier 91 to Seattle airport
- 24 April 9 US Consul Warning of Threat to Tourist Docks Istanbul Antalya
- 25 Turks and Caicos excusions
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012