My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 shore excursions
- 2 Finally booked, Yea!
- 3 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 4 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 5 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 6 Sea sickness
- 7 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 8 car rental from Miami Port
- 9 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 10 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 11 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 12 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 13 Alaska
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 16 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 17 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 18 Staterooms
- 19 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 20 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 21 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 22 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 23 Parking in Miami
- 24 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 25 South Pacific