My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Medical and Evacuation Insurance for Alaska
- 2 Barcelona to Rome
- 3 Disney Cruises
- 4 1st time cruise!
- 5 Antarctica One Ocean Expeditions Cruise Canccellation
- 6 St Petersburg - guide vs visa
- 7 Having second thoughts about a Mediterranean cruise end of Oct/first of Nov
- 8 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 9 alaska cruise
- 10 Cruising from Baltimore
- 11 Luxury European Cruise with Teens
- 12 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 15 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 16 Oceania: Never again
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 19 Sacramento/No Calif GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 20 Silversea Silver Wind
- 21 Trying to decide cruise wardrobe for late fall Mediterranean
- 22 Celebrity Equinox-Cartagena
- 23 Family First Timers
- 24 Santorini excursions
- 25 Croatian Island Cruise - Options for Couple in early 40s
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012