My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 2 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 3 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 4 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Alaska Cruise
- 7 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 8 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 9 European cruise suggestions?
- 10 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 11 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 12 Going!
- 13 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 14 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 15 Viking cruise in early October
- 16 Trip insurance
- 17 Husband is a green card holder
- 18 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 19 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 20 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 21 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 22 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 23 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 24 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 25 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012