My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 inoculations
- 2 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 3 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 4 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 5 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 6 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 7 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 8 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed
- 9 Ncl Jewel falling apart?
- 10 Alaska Cruise
- 11 Celebrity Reflection - December 31st 2016
- 12 expedition-style cruising to Antarctica
- 13 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 14 Worse Cruise Experience On Holland America Eurodam
- 15 Decision on May 2017 Alaska Cruise
- 16 New Zealand: Recommendations for shore excursions
- 17 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 18 Formal nights
- 19 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 20 Cruise the North West Passage
- 21 European River Cruises - strategy
- 22 Costa shore excursions
- 23 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 24 ALASKAN CRUISE - MAY 2017
- 25 Celeystal Cruise Line
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012