My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 2 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 3 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 4 Formal dress required?
- 5 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 6 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 7 River Cruising
- 8 Assult on Golden Princess
- 9 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 10 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 11 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 12 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 13 discount travel agents
- 14 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 15 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 16 Barge cruises in France
- 17 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 18 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 19 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 20 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 21 Alaska in summer
- 22 Majesty of the Seas
- 23 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 24 Transportation : Best way to get from Seattle airport to cruise ship
- 25 Cruise room options for three people