We'll be on an Avalon Danube river cruise in early June and one of the offered excursions is from Linz to Salzburg, kind of billed as a Sound of Music excursion. I don't care about seeing sights associated with the movie but would love to experience Alpine scenery, which I never have. It's an all-day excursion, so my question is whether anyone has taken it and whether it's worth it for a non-Sound of Music lover and someone who doesn't want to be taken to places to buy souvenirs. I understand Salzburg is beautiful but would like opinions independent of the cruise folks as to whether it's worth an entire day to to this trip. Thanks for any feedback.
Linz to Salzburg excursion--is it worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome