We'll be on an Avalon Danube river cruise in early June and one of the offered excursions is from Linz to Salzburg, kind of billed as a Sound of Music excursion. I don't care about seeing sights associated with the movie but would love to experience Alpine scenery, which I never have. It's an all-day excursion, so my question is whether anyone has taken it and whether it's worth it for a non-Sound of Music lover and someone who doesn't want to be taken to places to buy souvenirs. I understand Salzburg is beautiful but would like opinions independent of the cruise folks as to whether it's worth an entire day to to this trip. Thanks for any feedback.
Linz to Salzburg excursion--is it worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 2 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 3 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 4 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 5 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 6 Pavlus Travel
- 7 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 8 Legend of the Seas
- 9 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way