We'll be on an Avalon Danube river cruise in early June and one of the offered excursions is from Linz to Salzburg, kind of billed as a Sound of Music excursion. I don't care about seeing sights associated with the movie but would love to experience Alpine scenery, which I never have. It's an all-day excursion, so my question is whether anyone has taken it and whether it's worth it for a non-Sound of Music lover and someone who doesn't want to be taken to places to buy souvenirs. I understand Salzburg is beautiful but would like opinions independent of the cruise folks as to whether it's worth an entire day to to this trip. Thanks for any feedback.
Linz to Salzburg excursion--is it worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 4 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 5 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 6 river cruise cabins
- 7 Cape Horn Cruise
- 8 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 9 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 10 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 11 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 12 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 15 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 16 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 17 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 18 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 19 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 20 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 21 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 22 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 23 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 24 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 25 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise