We just returned from the Crystal Mediterranean cruise. This was a cruise that the Ford dealers from Mexico had bought 550 of the slots (only 950 passengers on Symphony). We had considered cancelling - but since we had booked alot of stuff around it - we went, with alot of concern. But I cannot tell you how wonderful that cruise was! Crystal made sure that there was no negative impact to everyone else. The group booked all their own excursions - so there was absolutely no problem getting any excursion from Crystal - a very unusual situation so I'm told. Everything was outstanding - except maybe some of the entertainment. To be honest, though, there was so much to do - we didn't make going to the entertainment a very high priority, so it might have been better than we thought. The food was fabulous, the room was great (we had a balcony), the service was the most amazing thing I have experienced, the services at the spa/salon were outstanding, the casino was great, etc, etc. Also, the age group on this cruise was not all people above 60. There were people of all ages - even when you discount the Ford group. There were honeymooners, some children (not a huge group - but there were some), 30/40/50/60/70 year-olds - the whole gamut. Linda Ellerbe was the guest speaker - and she was amazing. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this ship. If you have any questions - please feel free to email me. It was an amazing experience.
Just back from Crystal Med cruise if there are any questions.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 2 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 3 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 4 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 5 river cruise cabins
- 6 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 7 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 8 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 9 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 10 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 11 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 14 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 15 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 16 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 17 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 20 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 21 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 22 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 23 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 24 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 25 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia