Going on the Holland America Amsterdam next September on the Grand Asia/Australia 65 day cruise. My friend said she is getting lots of shots for various things. I looked up the CDC and only a good tetanus in the last 10 years is advisible. In urban areas off cruise ships your risk is minimal and the dengue from mosquitos in the S. Pacific, Australia & Singapore has no vacine. They suggest 30-50% DEET Picaridin in a bug repellent. Anyone else get all those shots for SARS, Hepatitis A&B, Polio, Shingles, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, & Malaria???
Inoculations on World Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome