We have loads of miles on Holland America and Princess and after our last cruise it finally dawned on me that there are SO many people with scooters, walkers, canes and wheelchairs and possibly other undetectable ailments. I noticed loads of travelers that were able-bodied but with someone who possibly couldn't go off the ship. Why in the world don't cruise ships offer a secure safe large room for adults with activities, bingo, movies, etc., etc. so their accompanying travel partner can go ashore. I am sure many more would be able to go on cruises if they knew their traveling companion would be well cared for. I spoke with numerous women whose husbands couldn't participate in on-shore excursions and even the husbands agreed that they would love for their wives to go ashore. Of course I realize numerous people with disabilities do go ashore, but adult day care would be good for those that cannot or do not want to go ashore. My own husband has moderate Alzheimer's and is able to cruise and do a few shore excursions, but I would prefer to have him in a safe place rather than walking on unsteady pavement or getting into a tender to go ashore.
How about offering adult day care?
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 2 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 3 Cruises to Alaska
- 4 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 5 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 6 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 9 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 10 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 11 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 12 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 13 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 14 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 15 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 16 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 17 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 20 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 21 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 22 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 24 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 25 post-cruise help in Miami