We have loads of miles on Holland America and Princess and after our last cruise it finally dawned on me that there are SO many people with scooters, walkers, canes and wheelchairs and possibly other undetectable ailments. I noticed loads of travelers that were able-bodied but with someone who possibly couldn't go off the ship. Why in the world don't cruise ships offer a secure safe large room for adults with activities, bingo, movies, etc., etc. so their accompanying travel partner can go ashore. I am sure many more would be able to go on cruises if they knew their traveling companion would be well cared for. I spoke with numerous women whose husbands couldn't participate in on-shore excursions and even the husbands agreed that they would love for their wives to go ashore. Of course I realize numerous people with disabilities do go ashore, but adult day care would be good for those that cannot or do not want to go ashore. My own husband has moderate Alzheimer's and is able to cruise and do a few shore excursions, but I would prefer to have him in a safe place rather than walking on unsteady pavement or getting into a tender to go ashore.
How about offering adult day care?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome