We have loads of miles on Holland America and Princess and after our last cruise it finally dawned on me that there are SO many people with scooters, walkers, canes and wheelchairs and possibly other undetectable ailments. I noticed loads of travelers that were able-bodied but with someone who possibly couldn't go off the ship. Why in the world don't cruise ships offer a secure safe large room for adults with activities, bingo, movies, etc., etc. so their accompanying travel partner can go ashore. I am sure many more would be able to go on cruises if they knew their traveling companion would be well cared for. I spoke with numerous women whose husbands couldn't participate in on-shore excursions and even the husbands agreed that they would love for their wives to go ashore. Of course I realize numerous people with disabilities do go ashore, but adult day care would be good for those that cannot or do not want to go ashore. My own husband has moderate Alzheimer's and is able to cruise and do a few shore excursions, but I would prefer to have him in a safe place rather than walking on unsteady pavement or getting into a tender to go ashore.
How about offering adult day care?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Can anyone suggest the parking areas near tampa cruise?
- 2 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 3 Norovirus
- 4 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 5 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 6 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 7 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 8 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 9 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 10 Will we like European river cruises?
- 11 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 12 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 13 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 14 An Epic Adventure
- 15 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 16 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 17 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 18 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 19 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 20 queen mary question
- 21 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 22 Back from Epic cruise
- 23 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 24 Cozumel excursions
- 25 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10