We have loads of miles on Holland America and Princess and after our last cruise it finally dawned on me that there are SO many people with scooters, walkers, canes and wheelchairs and possibly other undetectable ailments. I noticed loads of travelers that were able-bodied but with someone who possibly couldn't go off the ship. Why in the world don't cruise ships offer a secure safe large room for adults with activities, bingo, movies, etc., etc. so their accompanying travel partner can go ashore. I am sure many more would be able to go on cruises if they knew their traveling companion would be well cared for. I spoke with numerous women whose husbands couldn't participate in on-shore excursions and even the husbands agreed that they would love for their wives to go ashore. Of course I realize numerous people with disabilities do go ashore, but adult day care would be good for those that cannot or do not want to go ashore. My own husband has moderate Alzheimer's and is able to cruise and do a few shore excursions, but I would prefer to have him in a safe place rather than walking on unsteady pavement or getting into a tender to go ashore.
How about offering adult day care?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 2 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 3 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 4 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 5 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 6 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 7 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 8 Alaska
- 9 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 10 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 11 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 14 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 15 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 16 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 17 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 20 seascanner.com
- 21 Noordam VF4038
- 22 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 23 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 24 Mediterranean cruise
- 25 Viking River Cruise--Portugal