We have loads of miles on Holland America and Princess and after our last cruise it finally dawned on me that there are SO many people with scooters, walkers, canes and wheelchairs and possibly other undetectable ailments. I noticed loads of travelers that were able-bodied but with someone who possibly couldn't go off the ship. Why in the world don't cruise ships offer a secure safe large room for adults with activities, bingo, movies, etc., etc. so their accompanying travel partner can go ashore. I am sure many more would be able to go on cruises if they knew their traveling companion would be well cared for. I spoke with numerous women whose husbands couldn't participate in on-shore excursions and even the husbands agreed that they would love for their wives to go ashore. Of course I realize numerous people with disabilities do go ashore, but adult day care would be good for those that cannot or do not want to go ashore. My own husband has moderate Alzheimer's and is able to cruise and do a few shore excursions, but I would prefer to have him in a safe place rather than walking on unsteady pavement or getting into a tender to go ashore.
How about offering adult day care?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 4 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 5 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 6 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 7 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 8 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 9 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 10 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 transfers in Venice
- 13 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Pavlus Travel
- 16 Cape Horn Cruise
- 17 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 18 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 19 Cruise Experience Interview
- 20 regent navigator showers
- 21 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 24 Steep cruise discounts
- 25 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!