we are a group of friends in late 40s, with several teenage kids. We are planning to take an Alaskan cruise this summer and wondering which cruise line would be the best for us. I've heard that HAL caters to a generally older (over 50) croud. Is this true? We are looking at a 7 days one-way cruise from Ancorage to Vancouver.
One other issue with the HAL ship is that it doesn't have rooms with balconies. A balcony was very nice to have on a Caribbean cruise (although not a necessity of course). How important is it to have it on an Alaskan cruise, where I assume one cannot spend countless hours on a potentialy windy and rainy deck?
Many thanks in advance!
Holland America vs Princess
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Jones Act
- 2 Cruise Experience Interview
- 3 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 4 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 5 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 6 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 7 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 8 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 11 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 12 river cruise cabins
- 13 Cape Horn Cruise
- 14 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 15 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 16 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 17 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 18 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 19 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 20 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 21 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 22 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 24 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 25 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?