We sailed on Wind Spirit May17, 2003 from Istanbul to Athens. Ships capacity ie 148, we had 98 passengers, 14 paid full price, the rest were travel agents recruited 2 weeks prior to cruise date. Of course, they were traveling at a discount. At times, that was very irritating. Sorry that so many Americans were afraid to travel to that part of the world. We loved Istanbul, Bodrum, Ephesus, would return to Turkey in a heartbeat. Greece is a bit different. Greek islands are too touristy. Oh yeah, that looks just like the picture. the blue church dome. Cruise was very nice. But very expensive for what you got. Food was nice,good, but nothing special. Hate that service charge on every drink. Even sparkling water. Service was spotty. We had one great waiter in the dining room and when we saw him at lunch and breakfast. Other wise they were indifferentand more interested in setting up for the next meal than serving cruisers. Room was good for a cruise ship, bathroom was roomy. We would do the same cruise again, but would like the travel agents discount.
Greek Isles &Istanbul
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 2 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 3 Cruises to Alaska
- 4 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 5 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 6 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 9 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 10 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 11 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 12 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 13 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 14 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 15 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 16 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 17 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 18 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 19 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 20 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 21 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 22 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 24 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 25 post-cruise help in Miami