We sailed on Wind Spirit May17, 2003 from Istanbul to Athens. Ships capacity ie 148, we had 98 passengers, 14 paid full price, the rest were travel agents recruited 2 weeks prior to cruise date. Of course, they were traveling at a discount. At times, that was very irritating. Sorry that so many Americans were afraid to travel to that part of the world. We loved Istanbul, Bodrum, Ephesus, would return to Turkey in a heartbeat. Greece is a bit different. Greek islands are too touristy. Oh yeah, that looks just like the picture. the blue church dome. Cruise was very nice. But very expensive for what you got. Food was nice,good, but nothing special. Hate that service charge on every drink. Even sparkling water. Service was spotty. We had one great waiter in the dining room and when we saw him at lunch and breakfast. Other wise they were indifferentand more interested in setting up for the next meal than serving cruisers. Room was good for a cruise ship, bathroom was roomy. We would do the same cruise again, but would like the travel agents discount.
Greek Isles &Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 2 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 3 car rental from Miami Port
- 4 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 5 Sea sickness
- 6 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 7 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 8 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 12 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 13 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 14 Staterooms
- 15 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 16 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 17 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 18 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 19 Parking in Miami
- 20 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 21 South Pacific
- 22 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 23 Celebrity Constellation
- 24 Please help with cruise planning.
- 25 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel