We sailed on Wind Spirit May17, 2003 from Istanbul to Athens. Ships capacity ie 148, we had 98 passengers, 14 paid full price, the rest were travel agents recruited 2 weeks prior to cruise date. Of course, they were traveling at a discount. At times, that was very irritating. Sorry that so many Americans were afraid to travel to that part of the world. We loved Istanbul, Bodrum, Ephesus, would return to Turkey in a heartbeat. Greece is a bit different. Greek islands are too touristy. Oh yeah, that looks just like the picture. the blue church dome. Cruise was very nice. But very expensive for what you got. Food was nice,good, but nothing special. Hate that service charge on every drink. Even sparkling water. Service was spotty. We had one great waiter in the dining room and when we saw him at lunch and breakfast. Other wise they were indifferentand more interested in setting up for the next meal than serving cruisers. Room was good for a cruise ship, bathroom was roomy. We would do the same cruise again, but would like the travel agents discount.
Greek Isles &Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 2 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 3 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 4 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 5 An Epic Adventure
- 6 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 7 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 8 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 9 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 10 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 11 queen mary question
- 12 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 13 Back from Epic cruise
- 14 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 15 Cozumel excursions
- 16 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 17 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 18 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 19 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 20 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 21 A Disappointing Conquest
- 22 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 23 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 24 Wind on board
- 25 Is the food quality generally the same on different ships in the same line?