To those who have taken the Windstar (Windstar or Windspirit) Greek Isles and Turkey cruise :
We haven't cruised before and are apprehensive about a smaller ship because of the possible rockiness/sea sickness. We have been told that the itinerary stays close to land which is less rocky than open seas. We have also been told to go during the summer rather than April or May because the seas are calmer.
We like the idea of less crowds and a more causal atmosphere.
We are open to other cruise lines, Oceania, Azamara, Regent and Princess (suggestions?).
Actually, we wouldn't be looking at a cruise at all if it wasn't the best way to see Greece & Turkey.
Opinions and suggestions welcome.
Greece & Turkey-Rough Sailing?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 A Cruise Review: The Connie Anew
- 2 Fire on Italian Ferry off coast of Corfu
- 3 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 4 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 5 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 6 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 7 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 8 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 9 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 10 Pavlus Travel
- 11 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 12 Legend of the Seas
- 13 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 14 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 15 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 16 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 17 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 18 Alaska
- 19 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 20 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 21 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 22 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 23 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 24 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 25 Alaska cruise excrusions