To those who have taken the Windstar (Windstar or Windspirit) Greek Isles and Turkey cruise :
We haven't cruised before and are apprehensive about a smaller ship because of the possible rockiness/sea sickness. We have been told that the itinerary stays close to land which is less rocky than open seas. We have also been told to go during the summer rather than April or May because the seas are calmer.
We like the idea of less crowds and a more causal atmosphere.
We are open to other cruise lines, Oceania, Azamara, Regent and Princess (suggestions?).
Actually, we wouldn't be looking at a cruise at all if it wasn't the best way to see Greece & Turkey.
Opinions and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 tips for first cruisers
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 4 British Passport Validity
- 5 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Cruising New Zealand?
- 8 Alaskan cruise
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Excursion Shore
- 11 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 12 Time in ports?
- 13 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 14 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 15 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 16 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 17 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 18 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 19 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 20 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 21 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 22 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 23 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek
- 24 QM2 - Transport from Red Hook to LGA
- 25 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare