We just returned from a 14 day Amsterdam to Vienna cruise on the River Rhapsody ship owned and operated by Grand Circle Cruise line. We had a wonderful trip. We can compare this to the disappointing Avalon cruise from Vienna to the Black sea which we took several years ago. The GCL was a winner in almost every aspect of our trip. The ship itself was comfortable with wonderful views from every part of the ship. The food was fantastic (except for the coffee which was too weak for my taste). The staff and our trip leaders were wonderful, calm, caring and able to juggle schedules when the unexpected happened. They never lost their cool. It was great to have head sets for all the tours, and the special guides in several cities were very good. The exception being the Vienna guide who was bored and needed to be replaced by someone younger with more interest in what they were showing us. It was our 3rd. time to Vienna, a city we love. The only negatives I would mention were; Not enough time in Cologne, and the emphasis on where to shop in the different towns we visited. GCL caters to Americans over 60. I don't think many of us want to do that much shopping. We had free time in each town, but not enough to really strike out on our own and see a museum. If you are a really active Senior you'd probably find the pace too slow and their other travel company Overseas Adventure Travel might be more to your taste. But over all we found this Rhine/Danube cruise to be a good value for the money.
Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 2 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 3 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 4 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 5 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 6 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 7 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 8 Pavlus Travel
- 9 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 10 Legend of the Seas
- 11 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 12 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 13 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 14 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 15 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 16 Alaska
- 17 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 18 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 19 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 20 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 21 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 22 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 23 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 24 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 25 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!