This will be the first time on a cruise boat. Not quite sure where to start looking even, so apologies in advance for the vagueness, but these things I know:
1. I am looking to do an approx. 7 day Alaskan cruise this June or July with my family
2. There will be elderly (not-so-fit), young adults (fit), and young (hyper 8 yr old)
1. There will be those prone to seasickness.
2. There will be those who are claustrophobic.
1. Are the cabins very small? For the claustrophobic, which rooms should I ask for without breaking the bank?
2. For the seasick - which end and level of the boat should we ask for? What size of cruise boat would be ok?
3. Is it possible for the more adventurous to go off on their own, while the not so adventurous view nature and wildlife from the comfort of a seat? What sort of cruise is good for this?
4. Any suggestions for itineraries (inner passage? what's that??) would be welcome!
Thank you in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 2 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 3 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 4 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 5 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 6 Roll calls
- 7 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 8 What to pack for alaska
- 9 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 10 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 new england/canada cruise
- 13 Grand Celebration review
- 14 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 15 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 16 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 17 Relocating to UK via Cunard eastern passage
- 18 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 19 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 20 Alaska Cruise Aug 13 to 20, 2017 on Holland America
- 21 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 22 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 23 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 24 Alaska Cruise
- 25 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
First time cruise questions + Best spot on ship for the seasick?