This will be the first time on a cruise boat. Not quite sure where to start looking even, so apologies in advance for the vagueness, but these things I know:
1. I am looking to do an approx. 7 day Alaskan cruise this June or July with my family
2. There will be elderly (not-so-fit), young adults (fit), and young (hyper 8 yr old)
1. There will be those prone to seasickness.
2. There will be those who are claustrophobic.
1. Are the cabins very small? For the claustrophobic, which rooms should I ask for without breaking the bank?
2. For the seasick - which end and level of the boat should we ask for? What size of cruise boat would be ok?
3. Is it possible for the more adventurous to go off on their own, while the not so adventurous view nature and wildlife from the comfort of a seat? What sort of cruise is good for this?
4. Any suggestions for itineraries (inner passage? what's that??) would be welcome!
Thank you in advance!!!
First time cruise questions + Best spot on ship for the seasick?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 2 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 3 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 4 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 5 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC