This will be the first time on a cruise boat. Not quite sure where to start looking even, so apologies in advance for the vagueness, but these things I know:
1. I am looking to do an approx. 7 day Alaskan cruise this June or July with my family
2. There will be elderly (not-so-fit), young adults (fit), and young (hyper 8 yr old)
1. There will be those prone to seasickness.
2. There will be those who are claustrophobic.
1. Are the cabins very small? For the claustrophobic, which rooms should I ask for without breaking the bank?
2. For the seasick - which end and level of the boat should we ask for? What size of cruise boat would be ok?
3. Is it possible for the more adventurous to go off on their own, while the not so adventurous view nature and wildlife from the comfort of a seat? What sort of cruise is good for this?
4. Any suggestions for itineraries (inner passage? what's that??) would be welcome!
Thank you in advance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 2 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 3 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 4 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 5 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 6 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 7 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 8 river cruises what do you love
- 9 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 10 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 11 NYC Tour before cruise
- 12 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 13 Pre-cruise hotel
- 14 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 15 port excursion recommendations
- 16 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 17 Caribbean in 17/18
- 18 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 19 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 20 Dietary requests
- 21 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 22 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 23 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 24 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 25 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
First time cruise questions + Best spot on ship for the seasick?