This will be the first time on a cruise boat. Not quite sure where to start looking even, so apologies in advance for the vagueness, but these things I know:
1. I am looking to do an approx. 7 day Alaskan cruise this June or July with my family
2. There will be elderly (not-so-fit), young adults (fit), and young (hyper 8 yr old)
1. There will be those prone to seasickness.
2. There will be those who are claustrophobic.
1. Are the cabins very small? For the claustrophobic, which rooms should I ask for without breaking the bank?
2. For the seasick - which end and level of the boat should we ask for? What size of cruise boat would be ok?
3. Is it possible for the more adventurous to go off on their own, while the not so adventurous view nature and wildlife from the comfort of a seat? What sort of cruise is good for this?
4. Any suggestions for itineraries (inner passage? what's that??) would be welcome!
Thank you in advance!!!
First time cruise questions + Best spot on ship for the seasick?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 3 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 4 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 5 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 6 Alaska
- 7 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 8 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 9 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 10 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 13 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 14 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 15 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 16 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 17 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 18 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 19 seascanner.com
- 20 Noordam VF4038
- 21 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 22 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 23 Mediterranean cruise
- 24 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 25 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises