I have never been on a cruise until next year. My friend and I are taking a Windstar cruise and we had questions about the excursions. Is it possible to go on our own at the different stops? Does the ship "tie up" and we can get off or will we need to take an excursion to get to land We were thinking we could explore on our own or hire a local guide.
Thanks for your help.
Excursions on Cruise Ships --- Do I have to?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Transportation : Best way to get from Seattle airport to cruise ship
- 2 Cruise room options for three people
- 3 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 4 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 5 Majesty of the Seas
- 6 Need ideas for Charlotte Amalie, St. thomas due to cruise change.
- 7 rental cars at Lerwick & Scrabster Cruise Ports in Scotland
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 10 Taking alcohol on board.
- 11 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 12 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 13 Viking River Cruise/Tulips and Windmils
- 14 Opinion of specific cruise lines?
- 15 First Time Mediterranean Cruiser
- 16 MIA to dock
- 17 Big ship or small ship?
- 18 Alaska in June
- 19 Scandinavia and St. Petersburg
- 20 Cruise Transfer with Alaska Cruise Transportation
- 21 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 22 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 23 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 24 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 25 Variety Cruises for Greek Islands?