I have never been on a cruise until next year. My friend and I are taking a Windstar cruise and we had questions about the excursions. Is it possible to go on our own at the different stops? Does the ship "tie up" and we can get off or will we need to take an excursion to get to land We were thinking we could explore on our own or hire a local guide.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Port of Livorno, taxi or train to Lucca?
- 2 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
- 3 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 4 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 5 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Misty Fjords Palne Crash
- 8 any last minute tips for first cruise
- 9 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 10 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Celebrity Solstice
- 12 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 13 Traveling Solo
- 14 Costa Fascinosa. It's cheap but is it nasty?
- 15 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 16 Cruising Hacks
- 17 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 18 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 19 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 20 Disembarking with HAL
- 21 norwegian cruise line
- 22 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 23 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 24 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 25 Southbound Alaska on Holland America