We are considering a 15 day Euro river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest next northern summer. The price includes 3 meals each day, yet the brochure states there are various excursions/free time on shore etc. I expected that we would sail in the evenings, allowing daytime free for shore excursions-so would not really require any lunch onboard. Do Fodorites have any experience of these cruises & the ratio of days on board v time on shore. Whilst the cruise sounds attractive we are not ones for sitting around watching the scenery pass by-we would prefer to be sightseeing most days & are questioning whether such cruises are for us or not. Any experiences or comments from Fodorites would be welcomed.
European River Cruises
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Navigator of the Seas deck plan changes after 2014 refurbishment
- 2 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 3 What is best Caribbean cruise for the winter?
- 4 Panama Canal cruise questions
- 5 Please help with a Greek Cruise
- 6 Transportation from Orlando airport to port canavral
- 7 Post cruise Rome stay
- 8 trip insurance
- 9 Are Belize and Roatan (or any) planned Excursions worth it-?
- 10 Has anyone used Online Vacation Center to book a cruise?
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Royal Caribbean's new cruise ship Anthem of the Seas itineraries
- 13 Opinions of Alla Tours in St. Petersburg
- 14 Christmas on a Christmas River Cruise
- 15 Cruises to Alaska
- 16 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 17 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 18 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 19 Where to stay near Port Civitavecchia, Italy?
- 20 Pride of America
- 21 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 22 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 25 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise