We are considering a 15 day Euro river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest next northern summer. The price includes 3 meals each day, yet the brochure states there are various excursions/free time on shore etc. I expected that we would sail in the evenings, allowing daytime free for shore excursions-so would not really require any lunch onboard. Do Fodorites have any experience of these cruises & the ratio of days on board v time on shore. Whilst the cruise sounds attractive we are not ones for sitting around watching the scenery pass by-we would prefer to be sightseeing most days & are questioning whether such cruises are for us or not. Any experiences or comments from Fodorites would be welcomed.
European River Cruises
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 3 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?