We are considering a 15 day Euro river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest next northern summer. The price includes 3 meals each day, yet the brochure states there are various excursions/free time on shore etc. I expected that we would sail in the evenings, allowing daytime free for shore excursions-so would not really require any lunch onboard. Do Fodorites have any experience of these cruises & the ratio of days on board v time on shore. Whilst the cruise sounds attractive we are not ones for sitting around watching the scenery pass by-we would prefer to be sightseeing most days & are questioning whether such cruises are for us or not. Any experiences or comments from Fodorites would be welcomed.
European River Cruises
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 car rental from Miami Port
- 2 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 3 Sea sickness
- 4 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 5 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 6 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 7 Alaska
- 8 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 9 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 10 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 11 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 12 Staterooms
- 13 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 14 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 15 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 16 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 17 Parking in Miami
- 18 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 19 South Pacific
- 20 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 21 Celebrity Constellation
- 22 Please help with cruise planning.
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 Be careful out there ...