We are considering a 15 day Euro river cruise Amsterdam to Budapest next northern summer. The price includes 3 meals each day, yet the brochure states there are various excursions/free time on shore etc. I expected that we would sail in the evenings, allowing daytime free for shore excursions-so would not really require any lunch onboard. Do Fodorites have any experience of these cruises & the ratio of days on board v time on shore. Whilst the cruise sounds attractive we are not ones for sitting around watching the scenery pass by-we would prefer to be sightseeing most days & are questioning whether such cruises are for us or not. Any experiences or comments from Fodorites would be welcomed.
European River Cruises
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 river cruise cabins
- 2 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 3 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 4 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 5 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 6 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 7 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 8 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 11 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 12 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 13 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 14 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 15 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 16 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 17 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 18 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 19 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 20 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 21 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 22 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 23 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 24 How do I choose/change a dinner seating time on Celebrity?
- 25 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen