Our new favorite ship.
This was simply the best cruise we have ever taken. I don't know where to start so lets begin at the beginning.
It was a breeze. We were in our cabin in about 10-15 minutes. easy and effecient.
In a word the best ever. Our cabin stewards Blasidio and Dragan were the best we have ever had. Our luggage was a bit late coming to the cabin so Dragan made the extra effort to check on it ofr us and got it right away. Our room was so well kept it seemed like the bed was never slept in. The job could not have been better.
Our waiters Pobrinho and Sachin were the best we have ever had. They paid attention to the little things like my preference for lemon with my water. They were always smiling and it was a joy to see then.
Overall there is a reason why this ship gets the highest ratings for the entire fleet. This is the best crew overall we have ever seen.
This is always a very subjective area. For us the food in the MDR was always very good and the buffet selections were varied and well prepared. We dined twice in the Silk Harvest restaurant and we were very pleased and delighted with their service and the food. Last yr. as with every cruise we have been on we requested Indian food for my wife on the Connie and unfortunately they way underperformed to put it mildly. It was the poorest selection we have ever had. This year what a difference! The HW asked us every night how the food was and took request fro the next night. One of the chefs who we met was jamaican and I joked about getting jerk chicken. He said just tell him when and he will make it and he did. Again the overall service and food was outstanding.
Cleanliness and public areas.
Spotless. It seemed like a brand new ship. The design was very nice too, clean, modern and open and airy. We have wine and cheese on the lawn one night and it was such a nice touch.
Overall the Celebrity performers were excellent and one particular guest singer, first Jacqui Scott who we had first seen on the Splendour 10 yrs. ago wowed us again. My eyes popped out when I saw she was performing. She sang "Don't cry for me Argentina" from her role as Evita and it brought tears to my eyes she is that good.
We self disembarked and it was such a breeze I could not believe it. We were off before the time we were to meet and be sent off in groups.
Overall this was the best ever cruise, ship and crew.
I do wish the TV had more selections as last yr. on the Connie we were able to watch the baseball world series which we could not this time but beyond that I can't say enough about this ship.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 2 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 3 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 4 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 5 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 6 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen
- 9 Dream A Little Dream
- 10 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 11 Seabourn Sojourn Singapore-Mumbai, March 2015
- 12 Cruise room options for three people
- 13 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 14 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 15 Norwegian Dawn
- 16 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 17 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 18 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 19 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 20 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 21 Greece Italy Cruise
- 22 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 23 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 24 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
Our new favorite ship.