I am on April's NCL Star transatlantic cruise. The ship stops in Dover from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cruise line offers an 8 1/2 hour excursion to London from Dover for $59 with 4 hours free time in London. I was wondering if anyone knows how far the ships docks from the bus or train stop in Dover, what stop would be best to get off in London and how long it would take on a Saturday (May 4). I believe I can look up bus & train schedules but would love that info if available to you. I am also interested in your opinion whether to take the ship's excursion or go on my own. I have gone on many cruise excursions and done much exploring in ports on my own, but I have never been to London. Thank you for your help. Just as an aside, the ship will be in Helsingborg, Sweden on Monday, May 6th from 8:00 am 6:00 pm - any thoughts.
Dover's Dock to London
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 3 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?