I am on April's NCL Star transatlantic cruise. The ship stops in Dover from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cruise line offers an 8 1/2 hour excursion to London from Dover for $59 with 4 hours free time in London. I was wondering if anyone knows how far the ships docks from the bus or train stop in Dover, what stop would be best to get off in London and how long it would take on a Saturday (May 4). I believe I can look up bus & train schedules but would love that info if available to you. I am also interested in your opinion whether to take the ship's excursion or go on my own. I have gone on many cruise excursions and done much exploring in ports on my own, but I have never been to London. Thank you for your help. Just as an aside, the ship will be in Helsingborg, Sweden on Monday, May 6th from 8:00 am 6:00 pm - any thoughts.
Dover's Dock to London
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome