I am on April's NCL Star transatlantic cruise. The ship stops in Dover from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cruise line offers an 8 1/2 hour excursion to London from Dover for $59 with 4 hours free time in London. I was wondering if anyone knows how far the ships docks from the bus or train stop in Dover, what stop would be best to get off in London and how long it would take on a Saturday (May 4). I believe I can look up bus & train schedules but would love that info if available to you. I am also interested in your opinion whether to take the ship's excursion or go on my own. I have gone on many cruise excursions and done much exploring in ports on my own, but I have never been to London. Thank you for your help. Just as an aside, the ship will be in Helsingborg, Sweden on Monday, May 6th from 8:00 am 6:00 pm - any thoughts.
Dover's Dock to London
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 4 Recent Crystal Cruise experiences?
- 5 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 6 transfers in Venice
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Silversea the BEST
- 10 Mediterranean cruise
- 11 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 12 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 13 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 14 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 15 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 16 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 17 Steep cruise discounts
- 18 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 19 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 20 Short luxury cruise
- 21 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 22 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 23 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC