She leapt to her feet, leant over the guest-relations counter and grabbed at me.
‘Give me a hug!’
Rather startled, I obliged. I didn’t recall such intimacy between us when we’d met before. I was rather glad there was a counter in-between.
‘I saw your name on the passenger list,’ she gushed, ‘oh, oh, I said, here’s trouble!’
As her cheek brushed mine, she laughed and whispered.
‘I didn’t really say that.’
Yes, you did.
A young blond man stood behind me, holding a welcoming glass of champagne. Unfortunately, I had to decline. My hands were full of Guest Relations Manager.
She was a largish woman, smart as a tack, with eyes as cold as ice. Somewhere between twenty-five and forty, I think - I never really looked that close; I was always a bit nervous in case she bit me. She could be warm as toast and Arctic, all in the space of a sentence. As Dorothy Parker once said, my hostess ran the gamut of emotions from A to B.
It wasn’t entirely her fault. If I had to relate to a ship full of cruisers for a living my emotional range would veer from rage to murder. She was very good at her job – except for those eyes, those killer Aza-eyes. They gave her heart away.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 2 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 3 Shore excursions
- 4 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 5 Cabin Question for Emerald Princess
- 6 Hotel near Alees de L'Oulle
- 7 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 8 CARNIVAL IS THE WORST.. here's why!
- 9 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 10 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 11 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 14 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 15 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 16 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 17 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 18 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 19 Repositioning Cruise
- 20 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 21 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 22 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 24 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 25 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines