She leapt to her feet, leant over the guest-relations counter and grabbed at me.
‘Give me a hug!’
Rather startled, I obliged. I didn’t recall such intimacy between us when we’d met before. I was rather glad there was a counter in-between.
‘I saw your name on the passenger list,’ she gushed, ‘oh, oh, I said, here’s trouble!’
As her cheek brushed mine, she laughed and whispered.
‘I didn’t really say that.’
Yes, you did.
A young blond man stood behind me, holding a welcoming glass of champagne. Unfortunately, I had to decline. My hands were full of Guest Relations Manager.
She was a largish woman, smart as a tack, with eyes as cold as ice. Somewhere between twenty-five and forty, I think - I never really looked that close; I was always a bit nervous in case she bit me. She could be warm as toast and Arctic, all in the space of a sentence. As Dorothy Parker once said, my hostess ran the gamut of emotions from A to B.
It wasn’t entirely her fault. If I had to relate to a ship full of cruisers for a living my emotional range would veer from rage to murder. She was very good at her job – except for those eyes, those killer Aza-eyes. They gave her heart away.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 2 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 3 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 4 Suggestion on Cruise in the Great Lakes
- 5 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 6 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 7 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 8 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 9 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 10 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 11 Bucket List
- 12 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 13 European River Cruises - strategy
- 14 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 15 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 16 tips on disney cruises
- 17 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 18 Baggage storage before cruise
- 19 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 20 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 21 Quiet in the Forum
- 22 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 23 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 24 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 25 Travel Agent recommendation