She leapt to her feet, leant over the guest-relations counter and grabbed at me.
‘Give me a hug!’
Rather startled, I obliged. I didn’t recall such intimacy between us when we’d met before. I was rather glad there was a counter in-between.
‘I saw your name on the passenger list,’ she gushed, ‘oh, oh, I said, here’s trouble!’
As her cheek brushed mine, she laughed and whispered.
‘I didn’t really say that.’
Yes, you did.
A young blond man stood behind me, holding a welcoming glass of champagne. Unfortunately, I had to decline. My hands were full of Guest Relations Manager.
She was a largish woman, smart as a tack, with eyes as cold as ice. Somewhere between twenty-five and forty, I think - I never really looked that close; I was always a bit nervous in case she bit me. She could be warm as toast and Arctic, all in the space of a sentence. As Dorothy Parker once said, my hostess ran the gamut of emotions from A to B.
It wasn’t entirely her fault. If I had to relate to a ship full of cruisers for a living my emotional range would veer from rage to murder. She was very good at her job – except for those eyes, those killer Aza-eyes. They gave her heart away.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT DELL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 3 Scenic cruise advice
- 4 Seabourn Alaska Cruise
- 5 Viking consumer beware
- 6 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 7 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 8 Small Ship Alaska
- 9 Pre-cruise hotel
- 10 Amadeus river cruise
- 11 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 12 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 13 We finally made up our minds...
- 14 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 15 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 16 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 17 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 18 Caribbean Update
- 19 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 20 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 21 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 22 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 23 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 24 river cruises what do you love
- 25 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways