Just came back from a week cruise in Alaska aboard the Celebrity Infinity. First I would like to say that the entertainment was fantastic and the food was good (except for the specialty restaurant which was also fantastic). I booked a balcony in the concierge class of cabins and was totally disappointed because our cabin 9154, had an overhang from the floor above us of approx. 15 feet. which prevented us from seeing the snow covered mountain ranges and other panoramic views. I truly believe that this cabin should have been considered a balcony with an obstructive view. Upon return home I called Celebrity and was informed that because the floor above was part of the ship it was not considered an obstruction. I, plus the 3 other couples who had similiar cabins (all on the 9th deck) disagree with their explanation. This is being written just so anyone considering this particular ship should be aware of the problem because even the travel agent was unaware of this obstruction. In my estimation, Celebrity missed the boat on this issue and I now wonder what other issues they hide and not reveal to any other prospective cruisers on their other ships.
Disappointing cruise on Celebrity Infinity
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 2 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 3 Will we like European river cruises?
- 4 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 5 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 6 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 7 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 8 An Epic Adventure
- 9 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 10 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 11 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 12 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 13 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 14 queen mary question
- 15 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 16 Back from Epic cruise
- 17 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 18 Cozumel excursions
- 19 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 20 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 21 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 22 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 23 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 24 A Disappointing Conquest
- 25 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports