Just came back from a week cruise in Alaska aboard the Celebrity Infinity. First I would like to say that the entertainment was fantastic and the food was good (except for the specialty restaurant which was also fantastic). I booked a balcony in the concierge class of cabins and was totally disappointed because our cabin 9154, had an overhang from the floor above us of approx. 15 feet. which prevented us from seeing the snow covered mountain ranges and other panoramic views. I truly believe that this cabin should have been considered a balcony with an obstructive view. Upon return home I called Celebrity and was informed that because the floor above was part of the ship it was not considered an obstruction. I, plus the 3 other couples who had similiar cabins (all on the 9th deck) disagree with their explanation. This is being written just so anyone considering this particular ship should be aware of the problem because even the travel agent was unaware of this obstruction. In my estimation, Celebrity missed the boat on this issue and I now wonder what other issues they hide and not reveal to any other prospective cruisers on their other ships.
Disappointing cruise on Celebrity Infinity
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome