Just came back from a week cruise in Alaska aboard the Celebrity Infinity. First I would like to say that the entertainment was fantastic and the food was good (except for the specialty restaurant which was also fantastic). I booked a balcony in the concierge class of cabins and was totally disappointed because our cabin 9154, had an overhang from the floor above us of approx. 15 feet. which prevented us from seeing the snow covered mountain ranges and other panoramic views. I truly believe that this cabin should have been considered a balcony with an obstructive view. Upon return home I called Celebrity and was informed that because the floor above was part of the ship it was not considered an obstruction. I, plus the 3 other couples who had similiar cabins (all on the 9th deck) disagree with their explanation. This is being written just so anyone considering this particular ship should be aware of the problem because even the travel agent was unaware of this obstruction. In my estimation, Celebrity missed the boat on this issue and I now wonder what other issues they hide and not reveal to any other prospective cruisers on their other ships.
Disappointing cruise on Celebrity Infinity
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Steep cruise discounts
- 4 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 5 Staying active on a river cruise
- 6 Back from Epic cruise
- 7 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 8 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 9 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 12 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 Which cruise one to use??
- 15 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 16 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 17 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 18 Formal nights on cruise
- 19 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 20 Cruises for singles
- 21 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 22 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 23 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 24 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 25 Mediterranean Cruise in October