I recently returned from the 16-day Sunshine Holiday cruise aboard the QE2. While overall I had a nice time (the ship herself being the best part of the experience), I was very disapointed by the lack of daily activities and I'm wondering if I missed something. As far as I could see from our Daily Programmes the daily (non-evening) activities were limited to BINGO, ballroom dancing, a film matinee (mostly old b&w classics such as Casablanca or the occassinal film dud like the J Lo/ Richard Gere turkey SHALL WE DANCE), and an occasional 45 minute lecture. The lectures did not inlude any covering the ports of call, and one billed as a lecture on marine Search and Rescue operations was given by a passenger who discussed his coastal England youth volunteer "rescue" organization. Not exactly stimulating. Most people seemed to sit on the deck or inside and either read or chit chat. I don't need rock climbing walls, but everyone had told me there'd be so much to do on a cruise ship. Is the QE2 that different? I'm mid-thirties and traveled with my parents, who were also a bit underwhelmed on sea days. We did a lot of deck walks, reading
Daily Activities- Did I miss something?
- 1 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 2 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 3 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 4 World cruise?
- 5 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 6 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 7 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 8 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 9 quick lunch in Paris
- 10 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 11 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 12 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 13 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 14 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 15 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 16 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 17 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 18 Cayos Cochinos
- 19 California Coastal Cruise
- 20 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 21 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 22 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 23 Grand Turk
- 24 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 25 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)