I recently returned from the 16-day Sunshine Holiday cruise aboard the QE2. While overall I had a nice time (the ship herself being the best part of the experience), I was very disapointed by the lack of daily activities and I'm wondering if I missed something. As far as I could see from our Daily Programmes the daily (non-evening) activities were limited to BINGO, ballroom dancing, a film matinee (mostly old b&w classics such as Casablanca or the occassinal film dud like the J Lo/ Richard Gere turkey SHALL WE DANCE), and an occasional 45 minute lecture. The lectures did not inlude any covering the ports of call, and one billed as a lecture on marine Search and Rescue operations was given by a passenger who discussed his coastal England youth volunteer "rescue" organization. Not exactly stimulating. Most people seemed to sit on the deck or inside and either read or chit chat. I don't need rock climbing walls, but everyone had told me there'd be so much to do on a cruise ship. Is the QE2 that different? I'm mid-thirties and traveled with my parents, who were also a bit underwhelmed on sea days. We did a lot of deck walks, reading
Daily Activities- Did I miss something?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 2 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 3 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 6 Staterooms
- 7 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 8 Sea sickness
- 9 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 10 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 11 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 12 Parking in Miami
- 13 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 14 South Pacific
- 15 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 16 Celebrity Constellation
- 17 Please help with cruise planning.
- 18 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 19 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 20 Be careful out there ...
- 21 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 22 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 23 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 24 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 25 European cruises with Europeans