I recently returned from the 16-day Sunshine Holiday cruise aboard the QE2. While overall I had a nice time (the ship herself being the best part of the experience), I was very disapointed by the lack of daily activities and I'm wondering if I missed something. As far as I could see from our Daily Programmes the daily (non-evening) activities were limited to BINGO, ballroom dancing, a film matinee (mostly old b&w classics such as Casablanca or the occassinal film dud like the J Lo/ Richard Gere turkey SHALL WE DANCE), and an occasional 45 minute lecture. The lectures did not inlude any covering the ports of call, and one billed as a lecture on marine Search and Rescue operations was given by a passenger who discussed his coastal England youth volunteer "rescue" organization. Not exactly stimulating. Most people seemed to sit on the deck or inside and either read or chit chat. I don't need rock climbing walls, but everyone had told me there'd be so much to do on a cruise ship. Is the QE2 that different? I'm mid-thirties and traveled with my parents, who were also a bit underwhelmed on sea days. We did a lot of deck walks, reading
Daily Activities- Did I miss something?
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruises to Alaska
- 2 Where to stay near Port Civitavecchia, Italy?
- 3 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 4 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 5 Pride of America
- 6 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 7 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 8 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 9 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 10 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 11 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 12 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 13 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 14 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 15 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 16 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 17 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 18 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 19 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 20 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 21 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 22 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 23 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 24 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 25 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple