We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 2 Formal nights on cruise
- 3 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 4 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 5 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 6 Norwegian Dawn
- 7 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 8 Alaska Cruise
- 9 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 10 Assult on Golden Princess
- 11 Alaska in summer
- 12 Veendam vs. Summit
- 13 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 14 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 15 1 night in Denali
- 16 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Antarctica Cruise
- 19 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 20 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 21 Cruise worries
- 22 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 23 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 24 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess
- 25 An Introduction to new member