We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 2 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 3 Sea sickness
- 4 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 5 car rental from Miami Port
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 8 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 9 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 10 Alaska
- 11 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 12 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 13 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 14 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 15 Staterooms
- 16 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 17 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 18 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 19 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 20 Parking in Miami
- 21 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 22 South Pacific
- 23 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 24 Celebrity Constellation
- 25 Please help with cruise planning.