We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruise Experience Interview
- 2 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 3 regent navigator showers
- 4 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 5 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 6 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 7 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 8 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 9 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Steep cruise discounts
- 12 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 13 Staying active on a river cruise
- 14 Back from Epic cruise
- 15 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 16 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 17 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 20 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 21 Which cruise one to use??
- 22 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 23 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 24 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 25 Formal nights on cruise