We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 2 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 3 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 4 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 5 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 6 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 7 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 8 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 9 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 10 Greece Italy Cruise
- 11 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 12 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 13 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 14 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 15 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 16 Cruise room options for three people
- 17 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 18 Tauck Danube cruise
- 19 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 20 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 21 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 22 New charge on NCL
- 23 returning rental car in Southampton
- 24 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 25 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France