We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruise Experience Interview
- 2 Jones Act
- 3 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 4 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 5 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 6 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 7 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 8 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 11 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 12 river cruise cabins
- 13 Cape Horn Cruise
- 14 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 15 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 16 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 17 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 18 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 19 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 20 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 21 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 22 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 24 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 25 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?