We are planning a cruise to Alaska in August 2013. We would like to also visit some land sites; Denali, in particular. We are trying to decide whether to book a cruisetour or rent a car and travel the land portion independently. We are two 60-ish couples who have traveled in Europe independently. We don't particularly like the bus tour style of travel. However, we would do so if the travel between sites is more convenient and we still have the opportunity to have a wilderness experience. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Cruisetour or Independent
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 2 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 3 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 4 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 5 Considering European river cruise?
- 6 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 7 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 8 Alaska Cruise Tour Royal Carribean or Princess
- 9 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 10 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 11 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 12 Formal dress required?
- 13 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 14 River Cruising
- 15 Assult on Golden Princess
- 16 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 17 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 18 discount travel agents
- 19 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 20 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 21 Barge cruises in France
- 22 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 23 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 24 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 25 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech