The remaining two Renaissance ships have been sold in Gibraltar to Liberia-incorporated Grand Seaway.
All the ships have now been sold and there is strong interest from a leading cruise line (not mentioned) to buy (not lease) four of the ships.
HAL is changing it's smoking policy. Smoking will no longer be permitted in the smoking area of the dining rooms and enclosed Lido restaurants. Alternative resaurants will continue to be non-smoking. Most of the ships will change over between Feb. 1st and 15th with the Amsterdam changing on April 30th.
Royal Caribbean International has implemented a Youth Evacuation Plan (YEP), designed to assist children under 12 and their parents in reuniting should they be in separate locations on a ship when they are called to muster stations. Children will wear color-coded wristbands that indicate their proper muster stations, as well as the appropriate exit crew members can use to assist a child in reaching his/her muster station, where parents can meet them. Parents will be given a YEP info sheet and a separate wallet card, on which the youth staff will write the family's muster station number.
Crystal Cruises sets entertainers for their Jan 17th world cruise. Some of those will include Joel Gray, Lorna Luft, John Davidson, Maureen McGovern, Johnathan Winters, CNN's Garrick Utley and serveral Olympic medallists, among them Nadia Comaneci, Bert Conner and Rafer Johnson. Richard Herd of Seinfield will perform a one-man show about Cecil B. DeMille.
Royal Caribbean International will feature a holiday theme for it's ice shows on the Voyager Dec. 23rd, Dec. 10th and Dec. 30th. Explorer on Dec. 22nd and Dec. 29th. Adventure on Dec. 23rd and Dec. 30th. The "Happ Holidays" show will bring together the entire entertainment staff ... a cast of more than 50
from the ice skating troupe, Wave Review singers and dancers, Krooz Komics, musicians, youth staff and cruise staff. Children will be invited on stage during a medly a holiday songs and may participate in a similar theatre production by the Wave Review singers and dancers.
Silversea Cruises has won the "Worlds Best Small Ship Cruise Line" award in the annual "World's Best" readers poll conducted by Conde Nast Traveller. This is nothing unusual for Silversea.
Celebrity Cruises' newest ship, the Summit, has been awarded a perfect score under the intensive Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and U.S. Public Health (USPH) vessel sanitation ship inspection program. A branch of the CDC, USPH makes unannounced inspections of cruise ships sailing in U.S. territory twice annually. The inspection covers all areas of the ship inlcuding food preparation and handling, methods of food storage, genaral cleanliness, water purity, toxic substance control, pool and spa quality, plumbing, ventilation, just to mention a few. The line had previously received perfect scores for it's Mercury, Century and Galaxy.
- 1 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 2 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 3 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 4 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 5 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 6 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 7 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 8 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 9 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 10 Cayos Cochinos
- 11 California Coastal Cruise
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 14 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 15 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 16 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?