We are going to be on a 5 night Royal Caribbean cruise this summer that has 2 nights in St. Petersburg, Russia. We aren't really interested in the cruise lines shore excursions, partly since they appear to rush through key sites and focus on shopping.
The options we are looking at are contacting local agencies so they can arrange the "blanket" visa and customize a tour for us or perhaps applying for tourist visas on our own. I have read a few of the other posts and see a few agencies like DenRus and Red October that have received good reviews, but they seem to be a bit pricey. Is there an expectation that quoted prices are "final" or is bargaining expected? (I want to be sensitive, yet I plan on contacting several agencies.)
Assuming we try to get tourist visas on our own, just how daunting is the visa process? Also, how challenging is getting around St. Petersburg and what are the public transportation/taxi options from the port where Royal Caribbean docks their ship?
Also, how easily can I use my ATM card overseas to obtain Rubles?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 로하이양방 ▶ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 3 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 4 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 5 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 6 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 7 Roll calls
- 8 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 9 What to pack for alaska
- 10 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 11 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 new england/canada cruise
- 14 Grand Celebration review
- 15 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 16 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 17 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 18 Relocating to UK via Cunard eastern passage
- 19 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 20 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 21 Alaska Cruise Aug 13 to 20, 2017 on Holland America
- 22 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 23 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 24 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 25 Alaska Cruise
Cruise with 2 nights in St. Petersburg. Local tour or go solo?