Could anyone please share your knowledge on the best option to get from Livorno (Cruise Terminal) to Pisa and Lucca. We're family of 10 (1 children) cruising with Carnival Vista this September. I'm hesitant to book the shore excursion with the Cruise or any tour agents.
I have done some research and some people mentioned that the options to go to Pisa/Lucca on your own is either by Shuttle/Bus no.1/Train or Taxi/Train. My question is
1) I read some comments from several years ago that people experienced challenges to get a cab to the train station. Is it still true?
2) Does anyone know a reliable car transfer that can drop us from Livorno Port to Pisa at our designated time? Most of the companies that I came across offer both transfer and tour, which is not what we need. We just need the car to transfer us from Livorno to Pisa. We can take a train from Pisa to Lucca on our own.
3) Does anyone has an experience in renting a car and driving to Pisa/Lucca. I read that driving in Pisa is complicated as some roads are prohibited for non-residents and if get caught by camera, your credit card will be billed for a fine (hundreds of Euro).
I really appreciate any helps/comments. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/image-revive/
- 2 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 3 Need tour help for Diamond Princess roundtrip from Singapore itinerary
- 4 Shore Excursions in Juneau
- 5 What to pack South America
- 6 SICKNESS ON VIKING!
- 7 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 8 Cruisewear on Princess
- 9 Cruise parking, Fort Lauderdale
- 10 Cruise facts
- 11 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 12 Antarctica-Expedition-Feb.2017-By OneOcean-
- 13 Quiet in the Forum
- 14 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 15 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 16 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 17 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 18 What to wear onboard Zaandam from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
- 19 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 20 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 21 inoculations
- 22 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 23 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 24 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 25 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed