Could anyone please share your knowledge on the best option to get from Livorno (Cruise Terminal) to Pisa and Lucca. We're family of 10 (1 children) cruising with Carnival Vista this September. I'm hesitant to book the shore excursion with the Cruise or any tour agents.
I have done some research and some people mentioned that the options to go to Pisa/Lucca on your own is either by Shuttle/Bus no.1/Train or Taxi/Train. My question is
1) I read some comments from several years ago that people experienced challenges to get a cab to the train station. Is it still true?
2) Does anyone know a reliable car transfer that can drop us from Livorno Port to Pisa at our designated time? Most of the companies that I came across offer both transfer and tour, which is not what we need. We just need the car to transfer us from Livorno to Pisa. We can take a train from Pisa to Lucca on our own.
3) Does anyone has an experience in renting a car and driving to Pisa/Lucca. I read that driving in Pisa is complicated as some roads are prohibited for non-residents and if get caught by camera, your credit card will be billed for a fine (hundreds of Euro).
I really appreciate any helps/comments. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 2 Bucket List
- 3 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 4 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 5 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 6 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 7 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 8 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 9 Suggestion on Cruise in the Great Lakes
- 10 European River Cruises - strategy
- 11 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 12 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 13 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 14 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 15 tips on disney cruises
- 16 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 17 Baggage storage before cruise
- 18 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 19 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 20 Quiet in the Forum
- 21 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 22 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 23 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 24 Travel Agent recommendation
- 25 Viking Switzerland to the North Sea