My husband and I are departing Venice, Italy on a Cruise in May. We will be on the Silversea's Silver Spirit, departing from the Marittima Basin/Port. We will be arriving in Venice one night prior to the cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions to hotels near where the cruise ships dock? Or doesn't it really matter where we stay if we take a water taxi?
I should also mention that we will be arriving in Venice by car and will need to return our car before making our way to our hotel. Any suggestions on where to return the car? Airport or elsewhere?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Norwegian Getaway or Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea
- 2 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Carnival Glory or Conquest? Amber grove or Halff moon CAY?
- 5 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 6 Haines, AK: Eagle Preserve rafting or Chilkoot Lake kayaking?
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Norwegian Getaway Balconies
- 9 Ultimate Beverage Package
- 10 September Viking Cruise
- 11 Looking for El Chapo
- 12 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 13 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 14 Grand Circle Cruise Line, A Medical Disaster
- 15 In room coffee makers/Soltice
- 16 Princess in Bangkok
- 17 Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?
- 18 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 19 A stop in Brunei.
- 20 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 21 Port of Livorno, taxi or train to Lucca?
- 22 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 23 Tricky planning
- 24 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 25 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?